fishing in closed park

idesign

Hello.Can any1 tell me if it is ok to fish in park which main entrance is close.I wana try mouth of Rouge but i went that day and main park entrance gate was close.not sure when it will be open.but there big open space where we can walk.so it is ok to walk in for fishing .let me know.thx

close.jpg

There is more than one way to access the area. Just because the parking lot is closed means nothing. There is also pay parking off of highway 2.

The rouge is a tributary of Lake Ontario so its open below the CN tracks, check the regs.

I do not know about the whats his name area though.

Anyone else?

forrest

There is more than one way to access the area. Just because the parking lot is closed means nothing. There is also pay parking off of highway 2.

The rouge is a tributary of Lake Ontario so its open below the CN tracks, check the regs.

I do not know about the whats his name area though.

Anyone else?

forrest

i wana go to mouth or Rouge.and the only way to go there is by main park entrance.there is alternate way .but it is all fenced there and private property.let me know.thx

fenced.jpg

To the north west of that fence there is a road that goes to a dead end. There is a path that the locals take that goes down to the river and a bridge that will let you cross to the other side if you want. There are a lot of snags underneath the bridge and a deadly undertow. Don't take any chances when you fish off of the rocks.

The whole area is marshy so don't plan on going up river unless you have a canoe or other non-motorized vehicle.

If you go to highway 2 you can travel south on the west shore for a bit.

My usual access was via boat (from upriver) and foot from the west.

Does this sound right?

forrest

Almost forgot that its a 10-15 minute walk from those gates....not too far, be prepared for puddles and mud no matter what way you take. If you go this way you will for sure be able to find the entrance you were trying to get to when you ran into the fence.

Here is the google map of the entrance you were looking for:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&a...mp;t=h&z=19

forrest

Edited by forrest

I onced fished there and security came along and told us we gotta move the car 'cause they were to close the gates. We asked if we could fish there afterwards and the guys said its not a problem.

The Rouge is open to south of HWY 2 for trout and salmon all year. Every year they close the gates for the winter and open it up in Spring (Usually sometime in April). I would imagine the little hill you have to go down to enter the park would be killer if it was icy. I remember one time they closed the park off because it got flooded...I remember there was a picture in the newspaper of a guy fishing from the top of the hill at the entrance when it flooded really bad.

To the north west of that fence there is a road that goes to a dead end. There is a path that the locals take that goes down to the river and a bridge that will let you cross to the other side if you want. There are a lot of snags underneath the bridge and a deadly undertow. Don't take any chances when you fish off of the rocks.

The whole area is marshy so don't plan on going up river unless you have a canoe or other non-motorized vehicle.

If you go to highway 2 you can travel south on the west shore for a bit.

My usual access was via boat (from upriver) and foot from the west.

Does this sound right?

forrest

thank you very much for the info