Accudepth vs. ???????

muskymike

Hey guys,

I am going to grab a new Line Counter for Trolling. I have never used LC's before, just traditional baitcasters.

I have been looking around and not sure what to get. I dont know anyone personally who owns one, so I am hoping some of you could help.

I have looked at:

Diawa Accudepth

Shimano Tekota

Okuma

I want a clicker system though, and the Tekota doesnt have it unfortunately.

Any of you guys own these? How do they fair?

I appreciate the help a lot.

Shimano Tekotas & Okuma Catalina's are the top of the line - very similar in performance( they all have clickers)

Okuma Convectors are the next level down, still a great reel as are Dawai Sealine LC's

a few other companies have offered LC type reels this season: Rapala, Quantum & Penn for example (havent used either of those yet)

on the lower end of the scale are Okuma Magdas & Dawai Accudepths - good reels if your only using them a couple trips a year...

The Tekota's have a clicker? I played with one at Lebarons sportsman show booth and the Shimano rep said they didnt have it???? Did i not hear him clearly? I loved the feel of the reel, and i would gladly purchase it, just i am really big on the clicker (personal preference)

Thanks for the heads up Mark....

Tekota is what I wanted..need a few for sure still, but got lucky today.

Skevy's BaitNtackle in Belleville are moving across the street to the marina and have a darn near 50% sale going on with what is left.

Today I picked up 2 LC reels.

Okuma Convector and Magda for the total price of $ 71.00

He doesnt have much left but I think the prices might be falling even more befor ethe weeks out when he moves.

Sad thing tho.....

he's dropped his Shimmano and StCroix line of rods and will be selling only Okuma and Kistler from here on in.

A mite to costly for this fella.

GoodLuck muskyMike.

The Tekota's have a clicker? I played with one at Lebarons sportsman show booth and the Shimano rep said they didnt have it???? Did i not hear him clearly? I loved the feel of the reel, and i would gladly purchase it, just i am really big on the clicker (personal preference)

maybe the clicker was turned off? - there's a little knob on the opposite side of the reel handle

Musky trolling with a line counter?

Don't bother with an accudepth or a magda. Lots of plastic in these reels.

A Sealine would be OK. But not the best choice. Get a Tekota or Catalina.

Get a new rod too! A shiney new reel deserves a new rod.

Wish I could, not in my budget right now.

These reels are for trolling, they all have clickers.

Edited by PALEFACE

Sounds good. Well I guess the shimano guy either didnt understand what i was talking about with the "Clicker" or he just didnt know.

Either way, I think I may go for the Tekota, if I can find it on sale again. 2 weeks ago they were on sale everywhere :dunno:

Alumacraft, I will be testing whatever I buy in the River this year. Never been out on it, but I am going to give'r a shot this year.

Ahh Belleville, a little too far and I would love to get a feel for the reel but $71 you cant go wrong.

I will continue my search ....

If your interested in the reel from Skevys Im sure it could be mailed to you for a little extra $!

If the store wont do it I can pick it up for you and put drop it off to canada post. :dunno:

i've got okuma convectors, shimano tekotas and cabelas depthmasters

all of them have clickers...

honestly i dont think you can compare a tekota vs an okuma...

the tekota is over 2x the price... now would you rather have 2 okumas or 1 tekota...

haven't had any salmon on the depthmaster yet... but it's been great on eye's and bows

on top of that for $40US how can you go wrong for a 45 size LC