My Boat Keys Were Stolen Too !!!!! grrrrrrrr

fishindevil

Well it looks like my boat keys were in my car as well,in the glove box. :angry::dunno: ...well at least theres no way to find the address,as its away in storage anyhow !!!..but now im going to have to call about this as well,i have no way to start my boat as well as my rod locker keys,and my lock keys for my trolling motor,and trailer tounge !!! dam im ticked :angry::angry: ...so does anyone know how much it cost to replace ignition keys from the dealership,its a mercury 4 strke,and its not a special key with any chip inside,so i dont think it will be too much or am i wrong!!!!!,i would prob need to call lund for new keys to the lockers as well....any experience from anyone ?????....by the way theres consideralable damage to my car,it goes on the hoist on tuesday,they might even write it off !!!!!....its gonna be close,rim is bent sideways,front-end damage,flat tire,thats just what we can see ......

Take a close look at the rod locker locks, I've seen some that had a small number stamped in on the face, that's the key number. For the trailer tongue, if it's one of the locks that goes through the locking lever, look underneath, see the 3/4 or 13/16 nut...undo it, the assembly should then come off the top to replace or cut off the lock.

Also keep in mind the thieves might be waiting for you to bring your boat home even if they can't find it now.... If you ever store in the driveway at your house and they go for it but you have the locks replaced that might just make them mad. I would be very observant when you bring it home if you ever do because a mad thief might go vandal in such a situation.

Edited by Canuck2fan

Man, that sucks!!!

Its one thing to get your car stolen.....and lose your keys.....but the keys to your boat.......that totally sucks!!

I dropped all my keys in Sturgeon lake one time......my wallet was with them. That sucked too......no keys to get home.....no ID......it took me a while and a few $ to get it all back!!

Hope it all works out bud!

Sinker