new tires, BBQ & Jeep for my daughter

Muskieman

Nice set up Randy. Seen somewhere ( I am thinking Princess Auto ) a bar that has 2 hook ups for your trailer hitch. Top one is for accessories and the bottom one is for your boat trailer. I think it is designed for a bike rack - but don't see why it won't work for the bbq.

Don

I see enough daylight between the top of your current receiver "socket" and the bumper/frame to weld a 2" x 2" tube to be the "socket" for your BBQ and still allow you to install a hitch insert in the original socket. May need to get an extension (lowers your load cap by 1/2) or make up a solid ClassIV insert that's longer than a normal one to make some trailer hitch clearance from the BBQ tube... but doable !

Edited by irishfield

I bought a bolt-on bracket from Tow Ready.. sold it to myself at a good $$

I bolt it to my hitch ... this should move the BBQ over by 10" or so..to the right. I'll be able to hook up the boat.. my concern is when I'm gonna be turning sharply to the right I do not wanna damage the BBQ or tear off my trolling motor.

When I get a chance I'll dig out my boat and try it..

Well it's strange how a week ago or so some people mentioned that the snowboat was a stupid idea, okay, don't buy it. Having looked at these pictures and then moaning about a towing problem...okay, pretty much fits the same scenario. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: The BBQ has 4 legs under it, pretty much a table top model by the looks of it, get a small folding table.

The Expedition is based on the F-150 platform 1/2 ton ..with rear coil springs offers only gas v8 until this tears model has a 4.5 L diesel.

The Excursion is based on the F-250 Super Duty 3/4 ton chassis.. and is longer ..offered diesel & gas engines.

kinda like Suburban vs Tahoe/Blazer .

I love mine although she's a PIG on gas....oink oink..