Perchin

wishn4fishn

Pan Oil and Stomach Acid Release, mauhahahhahahhahah.

Since i've been solely steelheading lately i wanted to try the exact opposite. Weak fights and non stop action.

Went out to Barrie this morning with the lovely company of my two favourite ladies. Tried fishing deeper water for the elusive jumbo's, but not even a follow. I was all alone for a reason. The people clumped together seemed to get the only action. So like cattle, i followed.

I rarely fish with the crowds, and prefer the solitude. Instead, i self invited myself towards the masses. People using 7-10 ft rods, mormyshka rods and everything in between. Throwing egg sinkers, spoons, and everything else imaginable. The smorgasboard of different languages echoed each other. White buckets, big yellow toolboxes, shopping bags galore plagued the docks and fenced the people in close clusters.

DSCF4800.jpg

Strong winds and low temps made it seem like ice fishing with the uncomfortable conditions. But then the action started. Huge tribes of dinks, as if a cult gathering. I searched for bigger sized fish. I started being selective with my keepers. Only 7" and up. Most didn't make the cut and i didn't want to bring single digits home so i started keeping the dinks. The biggest one landed was 9" and i think i lost a foot long when my hookset proved to be my nemesis.

I was on a tight schedule with my girlfriend and dog in the car. I got into the zone, my bubble. Like a japanese machine i hooked, pulled in, removed, snapped neck and re rigged. My average was phenomenal. In less then 2 hrs i had my 50 limit. And with frozen and numb apendages, i retreated to the cozyness of my vehicle. My plan was to go to Bass Pro but seeing the maximum capacity in the parking lot and people driving in and out, i went to my local shop instead.

DSCF4801.jpg

Bring on the Fish Crisp and lime juice cuz after the few hrs of preparation, it's gonna be time for a tasty fiesta of perchy goodness.