Muskies Canada

muskymike

I am thinking about joining Muskies Canada but I am not sure what the benefits are. Can anyone on here help me out. I know the money goes to research and such but what are the other benefits. I am Stoney Creek and I know they have a Hamilton Chapter but I dont see any meetings or anything for this Chapter.

I know there are a few guys on here that are members so I am hoping you guys can shed some light.

Also does anyone know if there is a 208 Odyssey this year in St. Kitts?

Thanks,

Mike

try and look up MuskyBill here on the board.

I believed he joined MuskiesCanada about 2 years ago.

They do have a website you know.

I, myself would have joined but the meetings are much to far away for me and I think without the meetings it would not be as beneficial.

Its a start right.

Will do Roy. Thanks for the info. I saw his info on the site but was hoping I would get some feedback from different members rather then the Chapter itself, which I will inevitably end up talking to.

Thats good to know about the Odyssey. I went last year and enjoyed just being there. Looking forward to next years.

I personally find being a member of Muskies Canada is more about what I can give, not what I can get...But thats just me.

I have made some excellent friendships in the 4 years I've been a member.

Next Odyssey is April 25th, 2009. Same location as last two.

Feel free to call me at home if you want to discuss MCI.

Dax Jacklin

Chairman, Hamilton Chapter of Muskies Canada

www.muskiescanada.ca

(905) 646-1134

I am a member of the Belle River Chapter and love it.

I have made many great friends there (just like this place) some I know are going to be life long.

You get to meet up with many different level of musky fishermen and women most who will be willing to share almost everything they know.

We now have had our own private message board for members only where you will get to have access to alot of great stuff (sorry I can not talk about it I thinks that is the first rule?)

You also have a great chance to get out to some great outtings that you either have to be a member of MCI or fish with a friend they are always a blast and almost to much fun at the end of the day.

I know our Chapter includes the family in everything we do there is not a event we put on that any family members is not welcome to.

Helping educate other fishermen and women about proper ways to handle musky and just getting out and enjoying time with new friends who you might not have ever know is what I take from being a member. You will also get a release journal every other month which will help keep you in touch with other chapters on what is going on with them (this comes in realy handy for the members who are not on the internet.

I know a few of the members of the Hamilton chapter really good and you have some great people there and its non stop fun with them go check out a meeting they are open to the public come out and see first hand what bunch you might be joining.

We now have had our own private message board for members only where you will get to have access to alot of great stuff (sorry I can not talk about it I thinks that is the first rule?)

Mike, you forgot to mention the secret handshake.

I recently joined at the fishing show. I am just waiting for them to send me all the details. I mainly joined for support and also because I got the muskie bite 2 years ago and now I am hooked and hoping to meet some new people that can shed some light on things.

Cheers

Geoff

Edited by GNODDY

Dax, Great to see that you are on here. I think I am going to join anyways. To your point, "what you can give" well there is my problem. I dont know how much I can give, although I am fantastic at occupying space. :lol:

I will be in contact with you and hopefully you can shed some light on the organization first hand for me.

Thanks to everyone else, everyone seems to be pretty happy with the decision to join and seems like a lot of great people are involved.

I am looking forward to becoming a member with the rest of you guys.

Mike

Mike, I've been a member for a few years now. When I joined I was quite new to muskie fishing and since then it's opened all kinds of doors and information for me. I've met tons of new peeople and just attending the regular meetings and outings I've learned alot. Don't worry about just occupying space because once you get there you'll connect with lots of people willing to share techniques and often boats to help each other out.

The annual outings are a great way to meet people as well, with the schdule just being set now for the upcoming year. You can attend any of the different outings you want and for a small entry fee you get a great day or weekend of fishing, an awesome meal and huge prize tables.

Give it a try for a year and see how it goes.

If you ever have any questions about it feel free to pm me anytime.

Mike

Hi Mike

Just so you, and any other OFC folks are aware, anyone with an interest in Muskies Canada is always welcome to come out to a monthly meeting and see what the club is all about. You can find all the information you need about any of the Chapters through our website (www.muskiescanada.ca) as each of the Chapters has a webpage with meeting times, locations (with a google map link) and in some cases, specific information about the subject of any particular meeting. You can also find a list of the Chapter executive that includes a means of contact (e-mail or phone number). We try to encourage folks to let us know if you're going to attend so we can make sure we say hello and make some introductions if you'd like.

Feel free to call ahead or just show up at a meeting. Unfortunately, it's still gonna be a while before we are out after our favourite fish.

Chris Purdy

President

Muskies Canada Inc.

[email protected]

Okay, I think that is enough persuasion for me. Welcomed by both the Chapter Chair and the President, I dont know of any organization who is this welcoming.

Thanks to everyone.

Soon to be a member. (then i will know the "rules" and "secret handshake" hahaha

Mike

I was joined up for a year. I was only able to make one meeting but I really enjoyed it. A nice bunch of guys, a cheap lure swap, some good info (just happened to be a session on my favorite Musky lake that night!) and an interesting guest speaker. If I could I would still belong.

• 5 months later...

Hello Mike, I'm not on this board much and just read your message. I guess there is little else I can say that hasn't already been done here. I'm fairly new to Muskie hunting too. I joined three years ago and I only get out to two or three trips a year. But when I do get on the water, I put on my game face and fish like the season closes in an hour.

The September meeting is going to be a great one too. Andy is doing his Pickerel River speech. I remember him doing it a couple years ago with pictures/maps and details since he's fished the area for years. The Hamilton outing to the pickerel river is the last weekend in September, the timing couldn't be better. Last year was my first time at the river and I plan on going again this year. MCI members are all over Ontario (and out east now) with people from many chapters show up to these outings it's a great time to get some face time with people you chat with on the forums. Just imagine 50 or more people with the same passion. I also made it out the the St.Clair outing last June and there were almost 100 people showed up for it. It's kind of funny how when you are at the river, there isn't a sole in site while fishing (you might see 1 or 2 boats), but at dinner time, the place just comes alive.

I wanted to help the group out this year, so I volunteered for the Membership position. It's kind of funny and the 'hind site' has proven this to me, but the more I help out the more I get out of it.

Mike, I hope to see you at the September meeting. If you fish with others, bring them along too.

Bruno Biancucci

MCI Hamilton Chapter - 2008 Membership

www.muskiescanada.ca