GPS Pucks and AM/FM Antennas

Gerritt

I am working out the location on where to mount my GPS puck and AM/Fm antennas.. is there anything I need to worry about in terms of them needing to be spaced apart? will one interfere with the other?

Here is an image... my hope is to locate them on the port side as that is where the batteries are etc..

July07048.jpg

can anyone offer any advice? should I be concerned with interference?

Thanks in advance!

G

Gerrit:

If the AM/FM antennas are receive only, no worry about spacing.

If they transmit, 20 - 30 inches should work, you can test this by hitting the transmit button on the transceiver and watching the GPS to make sure it doesn't go off line - be sure to check the top, middle and low frequencys.

Dan

Very good advise Dax. Mine got installed before I saw it.... on the bow pulpit... right beside where my planer mast goes / elect trolling motor / nav light etc and it can cause satelite reception problems.

Edited by irishfield

Jarrett,call me later tonight at about 9:45pm bud,i have some great news for you i decked out my last boat just like yours,and it took awhile but we figured it out its not hard at all,its easier to tell you than to type...shawn-905-449-8684 talk to you tonight !!!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: