Well, Y'all were right about those icicles (NF)

Joey

Awhile back I posted a thread about the icicles hanging off the home we rent. I thought they were cool, most of you thought I had

trouble in the attic.

Well, last Wednesday night I started hearing a drip, drip, drip. After hunting down the source, I found water dripping through the chandalier in the dining room.

I called the landlord and he came over and inspected the ceiling, but didn't go into the attic. Well, yesterday he went in, and in his broken English replied "Dis is Disaster."

There was about 4 - 5 inches of water and all the insulation and beams were just soaked and dripping. I helped him haul about about 20 buckets

of soaked drywall and insulation out, shortly after he put his foot throught he ceiling into the kitchen, which now has a lovely hole.

He was back tonight and will be for the next week repairing and replacing and making sure there is ventilation etc.

You all are just sooooo smart aren't you. But if it wasn't for OFC I probably would have just thought it was snow melting and waited to see if it stopped when the weather changed. Instead, I remembered my thread and what you had to say and called the landlord.

So thanks everyone who gave me tips and insight into something I had no idea about.

Joey

Wow Joey!! If you have waited too long you may have heard a WHOOSH as a part of the ceiling gave way to all the weight instead of just the drip drip!

I hope he gets it all taken care of quickly...at least he came over and is doing something about it!!

See you on Saturday!

No Tony, I told him I would not be home on Saturday as I had a fishing fundraiser to attend. He said he understood and would come Saturnday night or Sunday then. Fishing is certainly more important :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: He's a fisherman too so he understands.

Joey