Quinte Yesterday

snagmaster

:( Woodro and I hit Quinte yesterday. We arrived at the launch at 7 and were on the water by 730...The conditions looked good .A brisk 25km wind from the west but we had a high pressure system that moved in over night that was our downfall we predict....we trolled from dusk to dawn with all the usual techniques and baits with not even a sniff. Iceguy was also out on the water and trolled all day as well and only got one three pound eye. This is my second time out on Quinte this fall and I havent hooked a fish yet...I guess I have bad luck on lake O...lol. Im hopefully going to be heading out with iceguy one last time after boxing day....I wont give up until i hook a monster Quinte eye.

ps....hows perchin been on cooks and jacksons point?

I was out on Tuesday and Wednesday except when too rough. I did well with around 10 fish of all sizes and fished east of the ferry crossing in the middle and more to the north side. Used 5 and at midday 6 colour leadcore with CC blue/silver shads and on the planers 220 ft back using green/orange Manns stretch divers and the RR Barbie. Trolled around 1. to 1.7mph. Hope you have better luck next time!

Snag don't give up on Quinte.You will hit the right day.I have been skunked there before 4 days in a row in october not even a perch.2 full days in winter again skunked.Its going to happen hang in their you will be posting the big ones soon.Thats fishing in the BOQ when walleyes decide to shutdown its reality.Good luck on the next trip.Mike :dunno:

Don't worry Al we will get them for sure next time out. Let's do it any time after christmas. I got a least one more quinte trip!If the fishing is good we should consider crashing there for the night seeing we probably won't do the Bungalow at Nippissing. Let me know when. :thumbsup_anim: