Cheap Insurance Company? (NF)

young_one

Which insurance company do you use? My family's insurance contract expired this year. Planning to shop around and see if I can get a cheaper quota.

I believe its probably cheaper when I combine all the home insurances together.

Home insurance + 2 cars + boat

i find insurance is one of those things where u have to do the work and call around, no one company is perfect for everyone, i did the whole "re-shop" last year and came out with a new company for myself

TD Meloche Monnex were my best rates and significant savings from my previous company

good luck

Stay away from Great West Life...they had a deal for me because I had the three magic things to insure....car, life and home. Well the deal for the car was far from a deal....so I did call around and managed to save myself close to $450.00 a year on the car alone.

I deal with AVIVA - Groulx Inc. for my car only. Here is their tel number for my area: (613) 748-1918 toll free (800) 668-0250

Good Luck

Just remember cheapest may not always be the best. With insurance do some leg work and make sure you go with a company that has a good track record for dealing with claims. When you are all excited over losing a car of having a fire at home the last thing you need is a fight with your insurer. Take it from a guy that previously did insurance repair work their is a difference in how some companies deal with the problems.

I use direct protect group and have, unfortunately, had to claim for flood damage to my house, as well as a fail to remain collision on my car. They were fantastic and it really couldn't have been any easier.

The rates have been very competitive as well.

I would highly recommend them!

Since my old insurance policy will expire soon this week, quickly made a few calls to the big companies.

A fellow board member by the name Bassgoon suggested All State, they sound like a big comany, so made the call yesterday.

Guess what!

1. The new quota will save me $1200 per year all together.

2. Same insurance policies!

3. They didn't mind one accident I had last year with the boat, (lower unit had to be replaced)

4. I can still shop around for a different boat insruance, the deadline for that is March (its currently in the high $700's)

5. For the sedan, the deductable with previous policy was $3000, now its $500!