Hot head cop or mouthy punk?

Fishnwire

Bonghitts,I can tell you that being confrontational with the police is not a good plan.The prisons are full of jailhouse lawyers.For the most part cops are just doing what they have to do to get thru the day.They put their life on the line for people who they dont even know.They have to make decisions that may kill them or other innocent people on very short notice.Its very easy to be a Monday morning quarterback and hindsite is 20/20.I have never been mistreated by the cops in any way shape or form.I pretty much follow T-guys procedure when I get pulled over.As people get older and wiser their perspective changes.I wonder what your age is and what you do for a living now.I also wonder if your perspective will change in 20 years.BTW,love the handle!

Joe

When did I ever suggest "being confrontational" with the police is wise? If you bothered to read what I wrote, you'd know I said just the opposite. I agree it's best to treat all people with respect...cops too, no more and no less then any other person trying to do their job. My point is that if some law abiding person chooses, for whatever reason, to be rude or disrespectful to a cop, part of that cop's job is to suck it up, be an adult, and take it.

As far as letting the police, or anyone else, overstep their authority and deny someone their rights...if you want to be a scared little punk who falls in line anytime some little fascist tries to push you around, go ahead. I guess unlike some people, I'm not the kind of guy who just rolls over when someone tries to bully me.

I'm 36 and an electrician. What does that have to do with anything?

Edited by bonghitts

Yeah John, you gotta watch out for those damn liberals in Tennessee. Watch out for both of them.

What county is your friend from? People down here live in counties, not towns or cities.

He lives in Sevierville, just down the road from Pigeon Forge.

JF

As far as letting the police, or anyone else, overstep their authority and deny someone their rights...if you want to be a scared little punk who falls in line anytime some little fascist tries to push you around, go ahead. I guess unlike some people, I'm not the kind of guy who just rolls over when someone tries to bully me.

I'm 36 and an electrician. What does that have to do with anything?

You obviousley dont know me at all.Scared little punk and rolling over are not words that people would use to describe me.Your attitude will change one day,when you have a family to watch over.

You obviousley dont know me at all.Scared little punk and rolling over are not words that people would use to describe me.Your attitude will change one day,when you have a family to watch over.

You are correct in your statement that I don't know you at all. Nor do you know me, as your incorrect assumption that I don't have a family that I care about proves. However, if you allow anyone to invade your privacy or violate your rights just because they're wearing a uniform, you are rolling over. No doubt about it. That's what rolling over means.

All I'm saying is that citizens don't have to obey the police when they are overstepping their power and authority, which they occasionally do. Am I wrong?

If I was that Kid....and my Dad saw that tape, That officer is the LAST thing that I would have been afraid of LOL!!!

My Uncle worked the beat for many years in Toronto before taking a job with Durham regional in homocide...he now teaches forensic investigation at Aylmer passing on his years of experience.

He was a true model to the forces, not to mention myself.

He'll be the first to admitt this officer needs to get a mouth filter....but the officer acted well with in his duties

The Kid needed to listen tight, and conform.(yup....same as rolling over)

Like it or not his rights were not violated, so he needed to "roll over".

The teen was in conflict with the law, and I hope he got fined.

Had he respectfully walked away the officer could have done him "A FAVOR" and let the issue slide all together.

Instead The kid got mouthy....I sure wouldn't be doing him any favors either.

Lets face a truth here...

Heres the Scenario:

I'm hanging out in your driveway practicing my casting with some dummy baits in the way of you pulling your can into the garage, your kids are playing near by on their bikes, and your expecting friends to come by for a visit.

You've asked me not to cast there many times...

You've spent money on signs asking me not to cast there...

The police have been called many times to ask Anglers to move along...

Now the officers arrive and angrily ask me to leave(cause their sick of seeing me there again and again)

And I turn to the officer and say "Dude....I didn't know, whats your problem?"

(with the no Casting signs glaring in the sunlight behind me)

So the officers get ticked off and yell at me about respect for a bit, and tell me to hand over the rod.

But I refuse to hand over my baits and rod, while keeping up my beligerent attitude.....

Do you reeeeely think I wouldn't be getting peppersprayed, or taken down?

Would I not have deserved it?

Hell ya I deserve it!

I should be seasoned like steak...pepperd, Tenderized and grilled hot

And I'd expect it.

You wouldn't provoke a bull would you?

You mess with the bull you get the....

C'mon

"THIS PARTICULAR" officer had a case of verbal diariah, but the kid had a Sh$tty attidue as well...

I think they both got what they deserved.

Synopsis,

The kid got a bit of a life lesson (allthough I think supporting him will make him even more beligerant)

and the officer learned he needs to keep the potty talk proffessional

My 25 year old son has been a police officer for 5 years. I hear a lot. I have watched the change in his eyes. I know so much more than the average citizen, I wish I didn't but I do and I don't want him ever to stop telling me the most horrific parts of his job. I am proud of him...so proud of him but I wish he would have been a teacher instead. Thankfully he doesn't take my advice which is "shoot first, and ask questions later"...some days are pure hell for him and we all expect him to go from a rape of a child back on the road and being polite to the next guy who just happens to want to spit in his face.

God Bless all Police Officers

Amen to that.

Generalizing the boys in blue is not cool in my books.

Some say respect should be earned...

Thats a cop out.(no punn intended)

I don't know half the people on this board so by rights they have not "earned" my respect...yet I still give it right?

I go by the motto of "burned" respect.

Ya'll get it, but if you burn it...its gone

Edited by Cookslav