How much tackle is to much tackle and what are your favorite lures to use.

livinisfishin

I do have a ton of stuff but lately been selling it just because I don't use it or need it anymore, I think over time every angler will find what there best at for me it's jigs. Jigs and spinners are pretty much all I use, or troll cranks, you can catch any species at any time with a jig and minnow or plastic is getting better with the scents and styles they have now. Rather than using 100's of techniques or switching it up all day I find it better to perfect a couple styles, basically I jig for everything other than musky and even musky sometimes, it just works. If I'm on a new area or lake I like to troll a crank or spinner just to find a potential hot spot then cast/jig.

Give me a box of various jigs and a mix of size in the baits, plastic or live and I'm good to go with 100% confidence, other than musky but that's a different ball game.

Edited by GbayGiant

Well, after the schooling that Bernie gave me on the weekend, I definately have way too much stuff! Old school ruled the day and you can't get any simpler, than a carved piece of wood, some really old mono and the willingness to endure the cold, for the ever elusive hit! :Gonefishing:

HH

Ha Ha Joe. I was just lucky! I have one tackle box and hardly ever take it with me. A few homemade jigs in a container and a box of worms is all thats required for the fishing I do. But those that fish for other species on different lakes I can see the need for a wide array of tackle. Now a good rod, reel and line is another story.

i don't have ALOT of tackle but i have quite a bit, and some of it i'll probably never use because i like my go to's too much and am afraid to try something different,

my favorites are

white jigs, (although i probably carry around a couple pounds worth of different ones) with live bait or pumpkinseed powergrubs

tenessee shad husky jerk

firetiger rap (i call it the clownfish)

a bomber (the color escapes me) white with dark green almost camo like

yellow go-getter

i'll try these things first and probably retry them before anything else

Well i agree with smalliefisher & tdotfisherman...i have tons of lures,hundreds & hundreds !!!! some like you said 20yrs old and never even been in the water...i buy constantly,its very addicting,but i love it,and wont change a thing LOL..LOL..LOL . :clapping::w00t::P ..and i love just checking them all out for hours,cleaning modifying,changing hooks ect. B):lol: ...it keeps me busy for hours,for example i bought $100 bucks worth of the new koppers baits yesterday at the fishing show !!!! man it never ends,and i know lots of us feel the same....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Ya I am a witness to Shawn's stuff man he sure has alot of lures.He had to show me his classic boat now me I had to buy one like him.Like Shawn I will always try and buy the new and latest gadget.MTP