Canadian pricing

taper

Pikehunters post reminded me of something that really PPP"s me off. A lot of our Ontario hunting and fishing camps/resorts are advertising their prices on the internet in USD only :wallbash: . I do realize that a large portion of their customer base is from the US and that some camps are owned by our American friends. In my opinion I still believe that if the camp is in Ontario the price should be quoted in CDN and if they would like add a currency converter as some sites have or advertise both not just in USD. I have decided that any camp I visit or meet at the sport shows etc. I am making it a point to let them know how I feel about this. Is it just me or does any one else feel this way. Doe ranting for now.

Vote with your Dollars my friend. Just don't go to the camps thae advertise only in USD's.

Or even better we could all pool our money together, by some joint in the US, and advertise in CND Funds only, wow that would really mess with their brain washed, patriotic little minds.

Wow! Is it important? Do you know how much it'll cost? I really don't see what difference it makes...let them all advertise in rubles and we'll convert. It'll still be the same price. If I had a lodge in the US and 90% of my client base was in Europe I'd put my prices up in Euros...what's the problem? Maybe there's something I'm not understanding here. The ski hills in Vermont are advertising in Canadian dollars (that's where the client base is) and I don't see Americans complaining about it.

ps. And 4reel, I was going to scrap your post to this thread but I'll leave it up for folks to see. Changing your handle from 'mastrb8tr" to what it is now has not changed anything....horse of a different colour.....

The posting in the US funds is not so much to be a political issue it is for them to attract the more luckerative spenders. When I travel from the USA and get to a place were I don't know were the grocery store is or baitshop i will usually purchase the products from the lodge owner. I find it is easier to take advantage of the American plan because I dont want to have a bag of dirty linen to take home or pack the kitchen utensials to make a meal of the day. Since I do bring my own boat up I don't rent a boat but alot of the Americans do and that is a big money maker for the lodge owners.

If they listed both prices on the site it would reflect 2 different prices that would have to be adjusted almost weekly on the fluctuation of the CAD while listing in the USD since it is the value of $1.00 they don't have to adjust it it can be figured with the simple adjustment of what the CAD is that week. It is just another way for the lodge owners to keep focused more on the job at hand of giving people a better vacation rather than babysitting their website during the busy season.

Art

Vote with your Dollars my friend. Just don't go to the camps thae advertise only in USD's.

Or even better we could all pool our money together, by some joint in the US, and advertise in CND Funds only, wow that would really mess with their brain washed, patriotic little minds.

I agree if you want to chose to not support your country and fellow countryman because they list in the USD that is your privilege. I however take offense that you feel that you have the right to make a broad statement about people who live in the USA. I am not asking for them to pull your post I would rather let people see what type of person you are so they can see your true colors and evaluate you on your statement. At one point I PMed you that the name Masterb8r was a name that people generally did not feel inclined to take seriously and respond to posts It looks like it is not the name that will cause people not to answer your posts I think it will be the person that you are that is your undoing.

Art