Lund/Pike DXL

brickNblock

I think Im answering my own question but I'll go ahead with this.

It's not the boat I've wanted........Still!...the moneys right at this time.

Looking for any experience from you folks on this particular model and set-up.

Lund..(obiviously).....16.5 ft.....84"Beam

Livewell

Plenty of Storage.

40hp/Merc...4cyl...oil injected

12v Bowmount/35lb thrust.

2 main batteries.

1 separate battery for trolling motor.

3 Lund leather seats.

E-Z loader trailer w/ bunks.

20" transom.

Side console.

I never got the year of this boat but it looks in new condition but I was told its a discontinued line.

The fella lives across the river from me and fished the BOQ regularly in it and told me he even fished the big lake.

$ 7k cash takes it.

Hmmmmmmmm????? Not the boat I wanted but??...the price is exellent....I think :unsure::dunno:

Its the right length of boat......coulda been 1.5' longer....then 16 fine too

Its a 40hp..........want a 90hp min.

Wanted a crestliner like someone I know has......

The carpeting needs replacing...Not that big a deal i guess.

Has 2 sonars....one at bowmount and one mounted on dash..

Hmmmmmmm?????

I'll have the Cha-Ching later in the year for what i wanted but just want to find out if this sounds like too good a deal.

Any info on this boat from y'All would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-bNb

Peter, if your gonna have the cha-ching later in the year for the boat you WANT, then why not wait and do it. Nuthin worse than buying something you don't really want.

Beside that, I'm thinking a 16.5 boat with a 40 HP is waaaaaaay underpowered.

My Crestliner is 16' with a 90 and that's what it's rated for.

Just my thoughts bud :Gonefishing:

I was thinking the very same thing about the HP of the engine and the size of the boat. The very first boat I bought was a 16' and came with a 25 - which we immediately upgraded to a 40. I wanted more than 40, but finances would not permit it. Even with two people in the boat and a full tank - it took a while to get up on plane. I really was just never satisfied with the 40.

We upgraded to a 17' WT and a 90 HP two stroke. I'm kinda regretting not spending the extra cash and upgrade to the 4 stoke. I guess we're never satisfied.

It may indeed be a good deal, but like Lew says, make sure you get what you really want the first time. Otherwise, you'll end up regretting something and may end up costing you more in the long run.

Best of luck to ya and I'm sure you'll get a lot of comments from the other folks.

sounds like a good boat Pete... any idea of the weight? that will dictate how under-powered it would be...

as you know my 30hp tiller pushes the light 16.5' Cresty quite well (though its rated for 50 max)

i'll agree with Lew tho, dont jump the gun unless your sure...

Mark.Lew and all.........Thanks guys.....

The boats appears real light Mark but it's just stuck in my head tho..that the crestliner I want is very similar to yours.

Basically we are shopping for a 16' w/90hp....

.the reason for the 90 is to get us out of trouble on the water..as well as get us to where we wish to go.

I think I spent more time in your boat mark then anyone elses.

My time to pay back.........you'll be one of the first for sure.

Bernie...thanks for the heads up on the new Crestliners.

Edited by brickNblock

Ya it's a boat. Sounds like you are unsure of it though. There are a lot of boats going around right now. I would personally wait to get what you want instead of settling. Down the road you will wish you had more power, more boat. If the carpet needs replaced, there could be other stuff too?

Just as a reference. I got my boat last year, Lowe 170 (modified jon boat) with a 50 'rude for $5000.00.

Cranksbait...thanks very.VERY much for that info Bud.

I am going to wait..........'sides it wont be that long...

Pretty sure we can get the 'Better' and 'Wanted ' package prolly around time of the lunge opener.

Thanks all for your input.

I think this was more of a poll type thing for my Bride to see and allow me the reason for the boat I want.

Again, thanks all.

-bNb

Mark......for sure Bud!.it'll be in mine we go out in tho, I'd like your help in braking it in properley.