Pike Tip-ups

Fishnwire

at the beginning of the season i got some big shinners. when i was done fishing that day i froze the ones i had left .. my pike tip up is a windlass? it has a metal part that catches the wind and the wind actually jigs it a bit . I have been using the dead shinners every time i go out and catching pike on it .

I hope Terry is on to something. I asked the same question a couple of months back and dead bait on bottom seemed to be a lot of people's preference. Last time we went out I put half the lines with dead bait on bottom and half with live bait (big shiners, suckers). We didn't get a single hit on the dead bait, but caught several pike on the live bait. Obviously this was early in the season. I was definitely disappointed in the dead bait results, but many people swear by it. Based on Terry's info I'll try it again in a month

I mostly jig with my ice rods but do you tip ups also.

Recently I purchased some large size sweedish pimples in chartreuse colour floresent green tipped with a medium size shiner.

I found them to be a HIT with the pike.Now that I have an under water camera I was impressed to see there jigging action.

I am sure they will work well with tip ups.I like the fact that the extra weight keeps your line straight and taught.

I have never caught a pike with dead bait.

Good luck sweedish pimples Rock :thumbsup_anim: