416-665-1377 - NF

Randy

Anybody get calls from this number and when you answer they hang up? I've been getting a ton of calls from this number over the past few weeks so I figured I'd found out who it is. I Google the telephone number and got a bunch of hits. One of which lead me to "2 the Point Global Marketing" and their telephone number (416-736-0699). Called them up to tell them to take me off their call-list. We'll see if they do.

Just had one of those calls about 20 minutes ago; "congratulations you have been randomally selected to win a free trip....." Then the line went dead. Now I don't even know where I'm going or when but I'm sure they will call me back and let me know. I am so excited!!!!!!

Called them up to tell them to take me off their call-list. We'll see if they do.

A year or two ago, someone in some lab UofT (yay Google!) mistakenly punched my unlisted home number into a fax queue on a Friday afternoon, then left for the weekend. I tried calling UofT to tell them about the problem, but the office was closed until Monday, too.

After running to answer the phone half a dozen times, I finally called the operator for help. She told me that this happens every day, and there's a routine procedure to fix it. If I would just hang up and dial 611, they'd take down the #, fill out a form, and I wouldn't get any more calls. No charge. I took her up on it, and the calls stopped immediately.

I don't see much difference between those unattended spam diallers and an unattended fax. After the 3rd call, I ask 611 to get rid of them.

I never ever pick up the phone until after the answering machine answers for me. In an average week I win about 5 of them trips and have about 10 hangups.... one day I know I will cursing myself that one of those hangups was a million dollar win I missed... YEAH RIGHT.

I wish there was a way to get the phone number of the people who pay these people that bother me so I could return the favor, just before I leave for work at 1:30 am