~~~Okay we didn't kick butt

oldphart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~Well storm or no storm Slug, Kris, Uncle Ben, and his buddy James and I headed down to Belleville for some BOQ Walleye action. We met up with Kris at the Carra Tackle shop, ran into Hawg Hunter, who let us know what was working, and an area we should try with a very short walk. So away we went Uncle Ben was coming from Waterloo, and was running 45min. behind, so we baited up and headed out, and only got lost twice, but we did make it, wasn't to sure for a while, plow hadn't been down the road yet.

The walk was very short, about 150' from shore with 5" of powered snow on top, we stay apart on the walk out Slug punched thr first hole, 4 turns on the auger and he was through, 2.5" over 17'Hummmmmm, okay lets spread out. We got down to phishen, maker phish tight, and off the bottom. Kris put his camera down and said there were some weed clumps, gravel bottom, and he spotted a Perch. That was straight down , our problem there was a strong current dragging our bait away from our holes. I put down a static line with a minnow, and the other line I had a green Pimple, with a stinger, and a minnow, and I sorry Kris and Slug, I caught the first phish again, a 7" Perch, still it's a Phish. Then at 9:00"PHISH ON" a very nice 2.5 Walleye. I took hold of it and dropped it right on the hole, guys you never seen me move as fast as i did to grab it again before he knew he was free, got Slug to take a fast pic, and out the door it went

100_0534.jpg

About 20min. later UB shows up with his buddy, and after a quick hello spread out we're sinking, they got down to some phishen

100_0535.jpg

Things slowed down to a crawl Kris decide to pack it in and head for his trailer, he mention something about a back lake he was going to try later. A couple of shot of our holes

100_0536.jpg

100_0537.jpg

UB, and his bud also decided to move to a spot he had on his GPS he want to try, and 5 hours after I got mind I hear a very strange noise I seldom hear "PHISH ON", come out a see it, open the door a there he was

100_0538.jpg

wouldn't shut up for the next half hour. We tried most of our lures, but nothing happen. Slug had 1 hit on his static, and that was it, by 2:30 we packed it in and headed to home, but first let take a break, Slug say

100_0540.jpg

and haul for the day. I think some shrinkage happen to mine

100_0541.jpg

i thought you fellas were looking for that spot,i tried flashing my lights at ya but guess you never seen it,i knew you missed the turn.wish ya had of told me where you were going i knew the ice was bad there and would have told ya,i would have put ya on safer ice and some eyes but looks like you needed no help there :thumbsup_anim: ,nice fish

wtg

Hawg Hunter