Record Perch - 6lb 2oz

So I went into my local newsagents to buy the weekly fishing paper The Angler's Mail - the national fishing paper/magazine available every week here in the UK - and there on the front page is news of the British Perch record being broken. A true jumbo - all 6lbs 2oz of it! :w00t: Then I read on and find out that it was caught on the River Thames literally a few miles down the road from where I am currently staying in London, England. :thumbsup_anim:

Here's a link to Angler's Mail:

Anglers Mail

Here's a link to another article where they say it may not actually be treated as a record because the angler is thought to have caught it in a marina where fishing is prohibited:

Record Perch in doubt

I bought the magazine/paper and when I got home I read that another perch - this time of 5lbs had been caught last week even closer to where I am living and that I can fish for free along that stretch of the River Thames. :clapping: Seeing as my shipment arrived from Toronto last Friday I am now desperate to get out my BPS 7ft spinning rod and try and hook me a huge perch on a rattlin' rap or good old fashioned float and worm tactics! :Gonefishing:

Watch this space - big stripeys here I come!

Edited by OO7

Lol Misfish - It looks more like he's eaten Dave Mercer! It would have been good to see a 'normal' sized bloke holding the fish to gauge how big it really was.

Edited by OO7