WARNING graphic pics

danbo

Guest gbfisher

Yup, I've seen those black toes. Poor circulation from smoking. 24hr's before my mother died. Nasty stuff.

If there's one thing I would never do, it's to tell some one to quit. Addiction sucks! <_<

There was nothing in the title of this thread that indicated it was non fishing or that it was smoking related. You tell me to grow up danbo, but you are posting this trying to be one of my parents telling me a choice I am making in life is bad... I am an adult, I will make my own choices, I don't need someone telling me what is bad or not bad for me.

As for this is the season for non fishing related posts... sure it is... but it might actually offend me that people think because they quit smoking they can try to shame or scare me into quitting. There's no need to post things like that. The majority of us are adults and I guarantee that not a single smoker who looks at that will say "OMG what the heck I Quit!"... not a single person will, I know it, you know it, he knows it, so why post it?

What's next danbo? ban guns because it's guns that kill people and not people that kill people right?

Funny - I knew it was an anti-smoking post before I opened it. This time of year its a timely topic as people try to start the year off smoke free so belongs on this fishing board since smoking, drinking and fishing are a very popular pastime.

I smoke but I hate smoking. It's not a choice (for me) its an addiction with its great pleasures and terrible side-effects.

And I am under no illusion that its health effects are nothing but devastating. I don't care about the drain on health care, pollution or anything else. I care that it makes me unhealthy and may very well kill me. So I struggle to quit. Sometimes I win for a while and then sometimes I lose.

I'm even worse than a non-reformed smoker - I smoke and still hate it and will happily tell anyone.

And read Allen Carr or Joel Spitzer and you might find out that smoking is less of a "choice" than you think.

Still, there is nothing finer than sitting at the end of the dock, drinking a beer, smoking a smoke and tossng a line in the water - which is part of the problem.