Buff vs Pitts

darsky

was just watching the players come out and they look really excited to play out there. Snow coming down and all. Should be really fun to watch. End of the period the losers should scrape-lol

Edited by darsky

Stupid shoot outs... what ever happened to the game?

I'm with you on that. Even as a kid playing I asked why we didn't just have 10 minute shootouts in tournaments and get the whole shebang done if all the grownups were in such a rush to get going. I hated it even more when I was coaching little kids and we'd travel for miles and spend money to sleep in hotels and have it all come down to whether or not a team had a Gretzky to win the shootout. To do it with these dudes making millions of bux is ridiculous, but I guess it's what the new target audience wants. Doesn't matter that they didn't grow up playing the game, just that they've got the bux to buy it away. You'd think football, baseball and basketball would be enuf. Sorry if I sound anti-American here, but I really really hate the Broadstreet Bullies for what their masters did to our game.

I don't even bother to watch the shootouts any more. They don't matter. The teams were equal on that given night. That's the way it was meant to be. What's so bad about one point? After all, it's what really happened. They could make it easier by just tossing a coin at the beginning of the game. Or have all the GM's meet in September to toss coins to determine who wins the Cup. That way there wouldn't be any high salaries, arena costs, tv contracts, etc. And we wouldn't have to watch the best hockey of the year in June.

I don't care. I'm leaving for Mexico tomorrow and they don't believe in hockey there. I'll have to follow the Juniors on my laptop and the only sports I'll see will be the feetsaball jamming the airwaves, not to mention the 'Merkin fans making lotsa noise by the pool each afternoon till it's over. At least I get to join in on the tequila sipping celebrations. :thumbsup_anim:

Do I sound just a tad bitter? Call me a hockey fan. :whistling:

JF

I here ya, Bro. Bettman has ruined the game. I always hated shootouts also. Just think a Gold medal was won on a shootout. But as far as the Buffalo game? 70, 000 people. UNBELIEVABLE

And the Juniors looked better this afternoon. There may be hope for them yet. :whistling:

JF