A cool site for Old lures

mistyriver1

Good link Jim, there's some great old baits in there.

The old Pikie Minnow was my Dad's favorite lure and he used the same one for as many years back as I can remember and he caught everything from bass to pike to Quinte pigs on it. It's been chewed by so many fish over the decades that nearly all the paint is gone.

When he was forced to give up fishing about 20 years ago, he passed it on to me, but I was afraid to use it incase anything happened. Finally about 15 years ago I gave into temptation and took it out for a troll to see if it would work as well for me as it did for him for soooooo long. Sure enuff, as I had worried about, after only trolling about 15 minutes it snagged on something and snapped my line and I'd lost my Dads favorite bait :w00t::w00t:

I was horrified but there was nothing I could do about it, so we contined fishing. After a couple hours we were trolling back thru the same channel and darned if my buddy didn't spot the lure floating close to shore. Somehow it had come loose and popped back to the surface....unbelievable :thumbsup_anim:

I hung it in a place on honor in my Florida room at the trailer and will never fish with it again !!

Thanks for the great memories Jim ;)

creek4_small.jpg

Great site jim !!! thanks for bringing that up...i sold all my really old lure collection from my great,great greanfather,and my great uncle to andy,hes the guy who collectsall the old stuff and pays really well,he is always at the fishing shows,i cant think of his last name,i got almost 3 grand for all that tackle,and i know it was worth alot more but i needed the money,about 10yrs ago :dunno: