Sudbury ice

xrap

Well that sure isn't going to help get info Xrap. Huge difference between lakes up there... deep/shallow/large/windswept etc.

Best I've heard anywhere is 10 inches on a few lakes up there...and as little as 2 inches... as well as a few that are still wide open water. So without you narrowing down your lake...nobody is gonna have any help for you. Have a nice drive..hope you do well.

i know a few folks with their huts on the "village" of vermillion lake, the road has been plowed on the lake for about a week and alot of people driving on it, pickeral are supposed to be bitin pretty good right now, 12" ice some spots 10"

rained like crazy yesterday and still today so don't know what that's gonna do

been workin like a basturd lately and until the new year so haven't been able to get out, hopefully by the 2nd

Most of the smaller lakes north of the city (towards Gogama) are running 8-12". Those are the only ones I've hit (no fish - 1 pike and two flags in 3 trips). About half of that is "white" ice because of the storm that blew through right after the first good freeze.

The rain actually helped some lakes, as it melted any snow that was left on top and that is freezing with the colder temps. Our lake was "booming" last night as everything was tightening back up.

Have fun finding out what "Lake X" is like...