Christmas Traditions

bowshep

For the past 6 years l have put money into Christmas Cards. Depending on what l can afford But no less than $50

and not more than $100 (if l had more money then l make more cards).

l then go to an area that l am not known and go to the malls. I look for the one that is checking their money because they don't have enough and they are the one's not buying electronics. We have all seen them they are all stressed because they cant give what they want for Christmas...

l hand them the card and wish them a Merry Christmas and walk away... l don't want to be found... l don't want a thank you. l know l put a smile on someones face on Christmas. Maybe that one gesture will spawn another... or inspire a positive action. Who knows all as l know is for that one moment someone feels good about them selves

and that humanity is what Christmas is really about.

If l can get one more person to do this even if it is one card then it is worth letting out my secret. Get your kids involved and l am sure the smile will be even bigger. Nancy's youngest son will be my mail man this year and maybe start his own card for next year...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERY ONE... BE SAFE... WATCH THE BOOZE... AND REMEMBER ITS ALL ABOUT THE SMILE...

Peace Ken

Edited by Bowshep

I always grew up that it was better to give than receive. Christmas is the time for giving and feeling good. Yesterday just before heading off to work, I just randomly bought the Guy behind me a Tim Hortens in the Morning Rush. He thanked me and wished me a Merry Christmas. I felt great and it only cost me a coffee. Hopefully it carries on

My Mom was out Christmas shopping last week and when they put her purchases thru the check-out, she found she was short about $1.65 or something, so she was gonna put one of the items back and get it next time she was in the store, but the fella behind her threw a toonie on the counter and said, "here ya go Ma'am, it's on me".

Small, but HUGE gesture on his part, and it made Moms day !! :santa:

Great idea for a post Ken, and Peace to you too :)