STEELHEAD FISHING

DMASSE

Hello

Went fishing today with a OFC board member " THE URBAN FISHING" AKA RYAN, We meet downtown TO and went to one of my favorite rivers... I got some reports earlier that the water was perfect so off we went..

When we got there, we went and got our gear togther and as we were tying up CHICKENHAWK and his friend arrived and bolted down river LOL

Anyway we started at some of the pools just below the dam, and managed to get into some fish

DSCN00760003.jpg

DSCN00770004.jpg

DSCN00740001.jpg

DSCN00780005.jpg

At another pool Ryan missed 2 really hard hit, and we managed to catch a huge surprise

Now the fish was a very bright red in the water but darkened as we took it out of the water

A surprising COHO

DSCN00800007.jpg

DSCN00810008.jpg

SO after fishing most of the pools, the rain started to come down alittle hard and we went home

Here is a PIC of RYAN

DSCN00820009.jpg

What a great day, met a new friend, got into some fish, what can anyone else ask for..

Thanks Ryan " THE URBAN ANGLER" it was fun

Dave

Hey all!

First off I have to thank DMASSE for taking me out for a couple of hours and showing me a thing or two about steelheading. I learnt more in just a short time with him than I was ever able to figure out on my own. It was a perfect way to kill a bit of time while I waited in TO for some things.

Not only did Dave seriously out-fish me, he was able to do it despite the fact that he let me have a go at each pool first, AND I kept having to tell him to fish because he was FISHING not guiding! haha It wasn't a planned trip, and came up at the last second - so obiously I had nothing in stock, no bait, no floats nothing...Dave took care of it all. He's a great host, and has a rediculous amount of knowledge when it comes to float/fly fishing so if you're ever looking for a guide you should give him a call!

Thanks again Dave!

On the flip side, the weather sucked coming home yesterday, then I worked on my computer into the evening and I think the rain got to me because when I woke up this morning I went into my office for about 15 minutes and suddenly had to make a mad dash for the washroom where I dry heaved for at least 10 minutes and haven't been able to eat anything since....just starting to feel a hair better now...

Good Luck out there!

Ryan

DMASSE CATCH AND RELEASE

THE CATCH: All is quite the wind lightly blowing trough the bare trees the sound of water rolling over its self...

a quite but stern Voice says "FISH ON" you look over just in time to see DMASSE taking in the slack line... holds the rod and cp in one hand looks over at ya with the biggest smile you have ever seen. Like it was his first fish he had ever cought. He effortlessly Reels the fish in and then looks at you with the same smile...

THE RELEASE: While the fish is still in the water he removes the hook looks up and that same smile. DMASSE will pick the fish up take it into currant gently put it in the water and then gently holds the fish with his feet until the fish swims out of its own recovery room. He then bends down to wash his hands wipes them on his pants and then looks at you with that smile.

l have seen this hundreds and l mean hundreds of times. Every fish is treated the same with a whole lot of TLC. and

Dave's smile.

Dave you are the poster child to the saying "have fun fishing" :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Ken

Edited by Bowshep