Muskie order from cabela's just got here

glen

I just got some muskie stuff from Cabela's. A few big donkey lures, 65# braid and a bunch of other stuff. But the reel is not what i wanted (it's broken). The stupid plastic push bar is broke right out of the box. When it was put in the box it must have been slammed home like a Joe Carter home run. The outside of the box looks mint.

I hate the clicker on/off button it is hard to use. I am not too sure about the push bar either. I don't want to carry ten spares for a days fishing.

So i ask you should i get a different brand or get Cabela's to fix it or take it to the repair shop? :(

If i ship it back to Cabela's i think i am on the hook for the shipping.

Edited by glen

I think Cabelas provides a postage paid self addressed sticker with their orders, for returns. The address is a Canadian address in Hamilton I believe. At least that was the case when I last ordered. Just send it back. They'll look after you. Did your pro line arrive in one piece Glen??

Well i am over my fishing budget for a while so i have to cheap out a bit and this is the only left hand reel i can find. It's rated for 245 yards of 14# line so i thought it might be strong enough. I could go to an ABU C-4 6500 but it is not any better i bet. Too bad the Pete Maina reel is not left hand.

I hope its ok for one muskie anyway. Or maybe i can find a used one or one on sale. I have a bit of time now to make up my mind anyway.

I also have to keep in mind that my little boy is 3.5 years old and he likes to throw things overboard.

Thanks for any ideas.

I hope its ok for one muskie anyway. Or maybe i can find a used one or one on sale. I have a bit of time now to make up my mind anyway.

I have a Corsair, caught three skies on it so far and it hasn't blown up (yet). I'd be the first to admit these are not muskie reels but not bad if you're on a budget. I don't use it for trolling anymore, the Penn 209 gets the nod for that duty. I'm saving the Corsair for casting duty now until I can afford an upgrade.

I'm finding it tough to fish so many species on a budget and most of my equipment is dual purpose at this point. If I had to wait to afford the best equipment for the task at hand, I wouldn't be getting out much.

-Brian