NF need to know????

Loonietoon

if it was my cash Kelvin... Plasma... they have pretty much eliminated "screen burn"..

Not to mention LCD has not gotten rid of artifacting.

your best bang per square inch is by far Plasma.

I should add what manufacture also has alot to do with your decision

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

I would suggest that you talk to the people at EHR, they gave me a real good explanation of the differences. However if you are on a satelite dish or cable, you may need to upgrade your receiver. Out in the country here I only have an antenna and so cannot use these new-fangled things. OK I too cheap to get a dish. :blush::blush:

I would suggest that you talk to the people at EHR, they gave me a real good explanation of the differences. However if you are on a satelite dish or cable, you may need to upgrade your receiver. Out in the country here I only have an antenna and so cannot use these new-fangled things. OK I too cheap to get a dish. :blush::blush:

I can tell from the van you drive LOL!

G.

They are both good options but IMO if you are looking at something larger than 42" go with PLasma. I bought a 50" PLasma ( http://www.hitachi.ca/Apps/hitachicanada/c...jsp/hcl/hcl/en/ ) this year and it's great. At the store they had all kinds of LCD's and plasma's on display. The plasmas had better colour to them but the differences between the 2 kinds were very slight in the 42" and under models. They had the display TV's set to some live Much Music concert and on the 42"+ LCD screens the pictures all appeared to be made up of "blocks". The fast moving crowd in the picture was a blurry screen full of chunky colours. It looked horrible compared to the clear picture that the plasmas were producing. A downside to plasmas is the image burn which is a real issue. If you take care of your TV and dont leave static pictures on there for long (dont pause a movie and walk away for 30 mintues) it isnt a problem. My younger brother likes to play car racing video games on my tv for hours on end and while the picture is always changing and moving some things like the lap counter and the spedometer are always on the same place on the screen and after hours of use I must use the screen wipe feature to clear the screen back to neutral or else these images will burn into the screen for good. There isn't this issue with LCD's. IMO plasmas are superior after 42" but if you are going less than that its really whatever you find a better deal on. LCD is alot less worrying and work to keep perfect.