another quinte thread

Bitsmith2k

just wanted to take a minute to post something other than a fish filled thread, or a bashing of merlands..

i was a little apprehensive about heading out for a weekend without knowing anyone and without knowing if i'd get on a boat to fish saturday..

well the apprehenion was for nothing.. everyone treated me like they'd known me forever.. truly a classy bunch..

i gotta thank gerritt who went out of his way to sort me out a spot on a boat for the weekend.. and with that gotta thank Ted.. you're an awesome guy for taking me out.. it was a pleasure to fish with you, and cliff on sat... and saving me and cranksbait from getting soaked in his boat on sunday.. i wont forget it..

now for the apology.. when i got home, started unpacking my kit.. i noticed something stinking in my tackle bag.. cracked it open and found the culprit.. which i will also use as a scapegoat for the boat getting skunked for two days.. inside my plastic lunch bag was none other than a banana, packed by my wife.. so we can all blame the skunking on me.. or better yet, my wife..

despite the skunking i had a great time, and wont hesitate to get to future gtg's.. i'm just going to have to make sure the washrooms are CLEARLY marked to avoid any close calls.. corey almost got an early morning shower on sunday. hah..

mike

now for the apology.. when i got home, started unpacking my kit.. i noticed something stinking in my tackle bag.. cracked it open and found the culprit.. which i will also use as a scapegoat for the boat getting skunked for two days.. inside my plastic lunch bag was none other than a banana, packed by my wife.. so we can all blame the skunking on me.. or better yet, my wife..

It was great meeting and fishing with you as well....

Oh yeah...I never want to fish with you ever again....

A BANANA??? WHAT THE HECK WERE YA THINKIN????

Glad you got out...maybe you wont be apprehensive the next time out. I'll help you get on a boat if ya need it....docked far far away from the boat I'll be in....LOL.

Take care...see ya next time!

Cliff

Mike, thank you for the thank you... but no need really, it is what anyone here would have done... welcome to the family brother.... now it becomes like crack cocaine.. you have put faces to nicknames and spent some time shooting the shart and having a couple bevies.. not to mention fishing with some of us.

welcome to the dark side...

Besides it should be me thanking you for the AWESOME brew...Loved it and will look forward to it @ the next G2G...Say Icefishing... and for being not only a great guy to chat with but for also almost pissing on Corey in the middle of the night!!..

He deserved it anyways....Just for the humour factor!

Again man,

Nice to have met yah.

G.

PS... I did not know they made floaters in Gigantor!

Edited by Gerritt

Glad to hear you had a good time Mike. Too bad about getting skunked though. Rotten banana eh? That'll do it :oops: But ya gotta blame something right? :D

i'm always on the lookout for someone to blame.. btw.. the door's great!

It was great meeting and fishing with you as well....

Oh yeah...I never want to fish with you ever again....

A BANANA??? WHAT THE HECK WERE YA THINKIN????

Glad you got out...maybe you wont be apprehensive the next time out. I'll help you get on a boat if ya need it....docked far far away from the boat I'll be in....LOL.

Take care...see ya next time!

Cliff

well after all the sweet reports i've read from you and your wife... i had built you up in my mind as a sort of enigma.. then after the poor showing saturday, i'm thinking bly might be catching all the fish and you're sneaking a few pics of hers :)

Besides it should be me thanking you for the AWESOME brew...Loved it and will look forward to it @ the next G2G...Say Icefishing... and for being not only a great guy to chat with but for also almost pissing on Corey in the middle of the night!!..

He deserved it anyways....Just for the humour factor!

Again man,

Nice to have met yah.

PS... I did not know they made floaters in Gigantor!

G.

cant wait for the next one.. i'll reserve any release of bodily fluids on a fellow OFC'r for the next time :)

oh completely forgot to thank Rick! thanks for the use of the suit.. i had to shoe horn myself into it, but it did the job... next time i'll go for the barrell :)

Edited by Bitsmith2k

Hey Mike!

Sorry didn't get to talk to you much or even at all!

You had one hell of a entrance, come driving up to the bonfire and everyone just staring at the car and this massive tall guy comes walking out saying, "I'm Bitsmith", the group's response :huh: , and then you say, "the beer guy!" .. thats when everyone was ... :clapping::thumbsup_anim::worthy:

haha.. good times!

kevin

Hey Mike,

I thought you were an old dog here. I too was apprehensive about going. Glad I did.

It was great to meet you. Thanks for finding me a spot on the floor and recommending Ted to fish with. I don't think he knows how much we both appriciated being on his dry yacht compared to what my very wet ride would have given us.

As for the banana....

Hey it was great to meet you mike !!!! man whats it like to have to duck everywhere you go.LOL..LOL..LOL. it was sure funny when you put on that small t-shirt from dave mercer it was so small and you are dang ginormous!!!!! and yes the beer was great,glad to meet you see ya next G2G.....cheers shawn :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::clapping:

Mike, it was good meeting you, but you can share your bodily fluids with Gerr next time... we'll get out for some eyes in Dunnville or something this year. I'm glad you got over your apprehension. We've got a pretty good group going on and we all seem to have fun.

It’s not the banana’s fault.

This year was the first time that I have ever heard of fisherman being superstitious of banana’s on their boat. I’ve taken plenty of bananas for lunch on my boat & I never got skunked when I did.