Bronte Creek report....

Burtess

Went down to Bronte today. It was my first trip fishing Bronte this fall because of the low water conditions / warm weather..... but I couldn't take it anymore.... I just had too....

Started out heading north from the QEW. Pretty bleak, you can see everything because of the low, clear water. Not much around... until the float went down and I was surprised by this brown beauty......

Bronte10_30_07006.jpg

She sucked that jig right in there....

Bronte10_30_07009.jpg

I also had a visit from this handsome gent....

Bronte10_30_07023.jpg

He had a big rack and was thick all over, he stood and looked at me for a few minutes before moving on.

I also picked some garbage since the fishing was slow. I made my way probably 2.5-3 Km north of the QEW, and then went down to the clay hole (the one past the train bridge). All I can say is what a bunch of freaking degenerates must fish here. Brutal what I picked up. I had to leave some trash behind at the clay hole just because of the sheer volume and my bag was getting too unmanageable to carry back out.

Bronte10_30_07029.jpg

I know everyone always goes on about how we are disgusted at the littering on our creeks and rivers, and that none of us do it and we bring our garbage back out. How about every time we go fishing, we just pick up just a grocery bag of garbage. Thats manageable to carry out and it will make a continued difference streamside for sure.

And remember, Bronte Creek clean-up, PetroCanada Park, Saturday November 3rd, noon to 2pm!!!!!

Burt :)

Edited by Burtess

You certainly went above and beyond the call of duty to clear all that garbage up.

Nice fish and chance encounter with that buck too! An all round productive day, though I wish you could have fished more and spent less time clearing up after others. What's wrong with these people - it's a pretty simple thing to take everything you brought with you back home!