Lake Nipissing in december

blizzcat

hi all!

Just some questions about Lake Nipissing, I've heard it's a really nice lake to fish in and I was wondering what it is like for December 14-16?? I'm looking to go up for that weekend maybe.. but I'm wondering if i should look for a cottage and boat rental, or for an ice fishing package.. (i'm a broke student and am browsing various packages/deals and such) :whistling:

Does anyone know that area at all??

Thanks in advance!

:Gonefishing:

Walleye is closed as of october 15th... pike & muskie and coarse fish are opened till december 15th

...Nipissing will re-open on January 1st...the regulations have been ammended

it's too bad you could'nt hold off for an extra month the ice is good by then..

well thanks for the info! i was seriously misinformed and i'm glad i didn't book anything..

i guess i'll go back to looking inro niagara charters instead.. lol

i asked this in another thread but it didnt get answered...

are charters the only way to fish lower niagara if you don't own a boat??

Okay..now I gotta make sure Randy was indeed correct. This is what I dug up ! Also the only time I've ever seen a season on Sunfish!

On Lake Nipissing (division 27) and the West Arm of Lake Nipissing (division 15) some fishing seasons have been extended to provide increased angling opportunities. In addition, the ministry has also changed the quota for some species in the West Arm to be consistent with those in the rest of Lake Nipissing. See tables below for details.

Species

2007 Open Seasons for Lake Nipissing

and the West Arm

Walleye and Sauger

Jan. 1 to Mar. 15 and 3rd Sat. in May to Oct. 15

Largemouth & Smallmouth Bass

4th Sat. in June to Nov. 30

Northern Pike

Jan. 1 to Mar. 15 and 3rd Sat. in May to Nov. 30

Muskellunge

3rd Sat. in June to Nov. 30

Yellow Perch

Jan. 1 to Mar. 15 and 3rd Sat. in May to Oct. 15

Sunfish

Lake Whitefish

Lake Sturgeon

Closed all year

2/…

Edited by irishfield

well thanks for the info! i was seriously misinformed and i'm glad i didn't book anything..

i guess i'll go back to looking inro niagara charters instead.. lol

i asked this in another thread but it didnt get answered...

are charters the only way to fish lower niagara if you don't own a boat??

No its just what I would recommend for a beginner. You can fish in the whirlpool from shore using roe or minnows and have success but from your first post it sounded like you were newbies and unless you have all the right equipment Im not sure of your success.

No its just what I would recommend for a beginner. You can fish in the whirlpool from shore using roe or minnows and have success but from your first post it sounded like you were newbies and unless you have all the right equipment Im not sure of your success.

i am def. a beginning and have no equipment.. lol my boyfriend is quite good but hasn't fished Niagara yet and i know he has an 8weight for salmon but he doesn't have an extra for me or anything..

Thanks for the replys so far everyone!

Hi:

I'm a long time cottage owner and quite familiar with the fishing, rentals....

December is a bit of a down time for the lake and with the warmer Decembers we have had ice is usually unpredictable.

There are great ice fishing opportunities at the southern end of the lake with several guys offering ice bungalows that include accomodation for 6-8, TV, DVD, tounge & groove pine interior, propane fireplace, picture window, bbq, heated outhouse, bait, tip-ups, transportation to and from shore... Yep, just a step above your rec.room! I think you can find them at southshorelakenipissing, one is called Anglers Haven and the newest (with top of the line equipment and a great host-Paul) is www.sbaybungalows.ca.

If you are looking for more info let me know.

Enjoy,

Kent