Quinte this weekend

Badger Shark

Hey everyone, just wondering if any of you will be in Quinte this weekend? I will be heading down on Friday night staying in Belleville, Saturday morning me and 2 of my buddies will be out with Eye-Tracker for the day. I recommend him to anyone who wants to learn about eye fishing, you will learn more in one outing with him than you could learn in a year or more. I have been out with him on two ocassions and always learn a tonne and catch fish. I am sure you guys will know his boat if you see it, say hi if you like.

Sunday we will be out in my boat, I have an Alumacraft 16'7 with a 75 Merc optimax and if the weather is cold we will put up the homemade top, there will be three of us.

Hope to meet some of you there.

Don

Here are a couple of pics from last year

Jackel_13_Eye.jpg

My_new_PB_walley_11.2lbs_Jan7.07.jpg

Edited by Badger Shark

62 views and no replies. Well if any of you show up there this weekend, it would be nice to meet some of you who are members. I am asking because I see alot of reports on here from guys who frequent Quinte. I look forward to this time of year, just something about catching those big girls.

I was fishing east of glenora ferry yesterday.

I posted some pic on the board.

I might be out saturday afternoon in a 17ft Tracker boat.

If you see me say hello.

Maybe I can teach your guide a thing or two :thumbsup_anim: just kidding.

Good luck and hope you get all the big ones as soon as I realese them.

Hey Bear, I did say it was a pic from last year :rolleyes: I am a member on a couple of boards and just would like to meet people.

Really looking forward to my first trip there this weekend, and I will be going there as much as possible, I love the area and the chance at catching a trophy is a real possibility.

See you guys there and good luck to everyone.

Don

Hey Tracker, thats a pretty distinct description of a boat should not be hard to see. I will be out with Ey-Tracker in his boat on Saturday, not sure if I will head out in my boat when we come in but Sunday we will be out in mine.

Good luck hope to see ya there.

Don

My oldest (Pikeie) and I will be out on sturady as we were succesful bidder last winter of the days charter ( part of Tylers event that Motv8tr puts on).

Not sure what the boat looks like but we will be to busy catching fish to chat anyways :thumbsup_anim:

Looks like a wet day 60% chance showers , 35 k winds from the west

TB

I'd like to head down to the massive ferry area to go fish, maybe on the 28th. I'm just a bit nervous of my boat not being enough. It's a Lowe 170 with a 50 Evinrude. Basically a modified Jon boat. Does anyone have experience with this size boat on that water? I grew up on East lake in Picton, but never made it out to the reach to fish.

Does anyone have experience with this size boat on that water?

Hello,

You will have to use common sense out on the water and always have a safe route of navigation no mater what mother nature hits you with. Only you will know what your boat is capable of in the different conditions. If at any time you feel un-safe than keep the boat on shore.

Most days you will be fine, but fall fishing can be tough as front after front passes through with some very nasty winds. Long range for this Saturday is winds gusts greater that 50 km so it could be a very bumpy ride or impossible to fish out of some boats.

Fish safe...

-s

Edited by eye-tracker

Thanks Sheldon,

I have been out in some rough stuff here, but I know the water here. Also it's easy to get off the water here and call it a day. I just don't want to trailer for 1.5 hrs to play in rough water. Also where do I ramp in and out? Is the best fishing just east of the Ferry?

Thanks

Hey Eye Tracker

What you think about a litlle friendly competition between two Tracker boats this weekend. :thumbsup_anim:

Are you fishing glenora ferry this weekend I wouldnt mind checking out how you rigged up your boat for the BOQ.

Let me now and good luck this weekend.

Edited by fishmaniac

Thats good to tell people that plliwog,as that little bay has been used alot...as many smaller boats cant make it back sometimes and can make it safe in there....you dont have to be afraid just use common sense...the reach can blow up so fast ,and because of the lay of the land with the high shorelines on both sides the wind gets funnelled through there BIG TIME.... so always be aware and know the weather and the wind forecast for sure.....the bay is big water and we want everyone back safe & sound...good-luck down there this weekend guys but its supposed to be very nasty on saturday.....and be VERY WINDY...i might try for sunday if the wind doesnt stirr things up and make it to hard to recover....big time front going to come through,tommorow....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: