Huge salmon caught in Scotland

ketchenany

From the BBC.

Monster' salmon caught on river

The salmon was caught and then released back into the river

Claims a "monster" salmon caught on the River Ness in the Highlands is the largest to be hooked in the UK are being checked against record books.

Anglers are hopeful that the male, or noodle salmon, will break the 64lbs (29kg) record set 85 years ago.

The anglers who caught the fish on the River Ness in Inverness at the weekend said it was 50in (127cm) long and had a girth of 40in (101cm).

Images and its measurements are being analysed at a fisheries laboratory.

The salmon was released back into the river.

The catch has caused excitement on angling message boards on the internet.

One fisherman described it as the Loch Ness Monster.

He said: "The man has just caught the Loch Ness Monster. What a fish eh troops - long live the monster great to see it returned."

Photographs of the salmon and its vital statistics have been sent to the Freshwater Laboratory in Pitlochry.

In the current confirmed record, Georgina Ballantine landed her 64lb catch on 7 October 1922 from a boat on the Glendelvine stretch of the River Tay in Perthshire.

It could be the end of this week before the Ness salmon's measurements are confirmed.

WOW...thats a HUGE SALMON.. :thumbsup_anim::whistling: im looking forward to see the pics...i take that its a atlantic salmon as i dont think kings are there??? either way its a big,fish and i hope he does break the record, :w00t: and its nice to know that not all the big ones havnt been caught. :worthy::worthy: ..cheers & congrats to him !!!!!!! :Gonefishing:

Edited by fishindevil