I need some help on where to go fishing this fall

Hi all,

Now October is here it has hit me that my time in Ontario/Canada is coming to a close and I need to get some more fishing in before its too late and I have to return home to England in December. :( I will no doubt make a few more trips out to the Toronto Islands and plan to visit Bon Echo Provincial Park this weekend so hopefully will get some fishing in there too.

However a good friend from work has asked me to go fishing with him one last time - problem is where to go for some productive fall fishing. The criteria would be as follows:

Species - preferably smallmouth bass, walleye, pike or musky but as you know from my reports I enjoy catching anything!

Boats - preferably need somewhere that rents boats

Location - somewhere within 1-2 hours drive of the GTA

Timing - probably the weekend of October 13th

Any suggestions for lakes or rivers that meet the above criteria are welcome as are any others with all round good fishing.

My thoughts were Scugog, Simcoe, the Kawarthas or BOQ - but I need to narrow it down a bit to somewhere with good fishing at this time of year with boat rentals.

All help is very much appreciated. :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers

Thanks for the suggestions and the few PMs I had (I will respond to those soon). Looks like my friend want to stay closer - maybe 1hr from GTA.

Anymore suggestions out there?

Has anybody fished Cooks Bay at this time of year for Pike, Perch and Bass or anything else? Is it any good in October?

What can I catch in Lake Scugog at this time of year?

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions and the few PMs I had (I will respond to those soon). Looks like my friend want to stay closer - maybe 1hr from GTA.

Anymore suggestions out there?

Has anybody fished Cooks Bay at this time of year for Pike, Perch and Bass or anything else? Is it any good in October?

What can I catch in Lake Scugog at this time of year?

Thanks

The feedbag should be on the Muskies at Scugog if you want to try there. Might also be able to catch a walleye if you are lucky. I've never caught a ski myself but others (ahem...CCMT) seem to be having luck.