Lake Nippissing Report

myst

So we spent the weekend fishing on Nippissing, after receiving some great advice from the people on the forum. I wish I could say the fishing was great! We rented at 21' pontoon and we were 6 friends. The first day it was pretty windy, and in 8 hours on the water we only caught 1 pike, 1 bullhead, and 1 small perch. Day 2 was a little bit better, we hooked 5 pike and 1 bullhead in 11 hours. The last day, we managed to catch 2 pike in around 6 hours of fishing. The biggest pike of them all was 4 pounds.

This is probably the least amount of fish we have ever caught in that amount of time. We tried every type of lure, and every part of the lake. I don't think we'll be going back there next time.

you were in Lavigne..you could've made yer way to the mouth of the Sturgeon River and did good for walleye probably a 25 minute or so ride from Lavigne..or coulda made yer way to the Sandy Island or Iron Island area... as for the bad spot of the lake ... well at this time of year it tends to be tough in the west arm area of Lavigne shallow water .. Muskies were had there last week..

I hope that it did,nt deter you from trying again next year... you were so close..