Report and Pictures - Legends on the Bay event

Shaun Rickard

What a great weekend with some truly great, fun loving and down to earth people, including our Pro Anglers and the NHL Alumni guys, all of whom turned out to support a great cause on their own time - For more information on the Legends on the Bay event in support of SickKids Foundation go to: http://www.legendsonthebay.com

Despite some very nasty looking weather and high winds on Saturday morning the tournament side of the event went off without a hitch, even after consideration of canceling the tournament by the Directors when a small craft advisory was announced. My hat is off to Andy Pallotta of the CSFL for managing the event flawlessly. Thankfully the winds settled and the skies cleared and after a 1-hour delay the blast off went ahead – Pictures below.

Our film crews and hosts had their work cut our fighting 30+ KM winds, not an easy task shooting boat to boat in those conditions. But like true professionals and with the co-operation of the 10 competing teams the shoot was a success. Keep an eye out for updates as to when the ‘Legends on the Bay HD Special’ will air on Rogers Sportsnet, we’ll keep you posted.

Despite the cold front and extremely challenging fishing conditions all ten teams weighed in their 3 fish limits, well almost, Tony Dean had the crowd howling with laughter when he attempted to sneak a pike through the scales, nice touch and a good try Tony – Pictures below.

Here are the final results – Congratulations to all! Everyone is a winner at an event like this.

Pro Angler and NHL Alumni

1. Paul Castellano and Mark LaForest --- 10.74 lbs

2. Danny Maw and Wendel Clarke --- 10.40 lbs

3. Craig Butler and Darryl Sittler --- 9.68 lbs

4. Jimmy Dodd and Bob Probert --- 8.34 lbs

5. Rob Laframboise and Mike Gartner – 8.10 lbs

6. Italo Labignam and Dave Burrows --- 6.86 lbs

7. Dave Johnson and Dave Hutchinson --- 5.80 lbs

8. Real Larose and Lou Franceschettie --- 5.08 lbs

9. Charles Stewart and Kraig Nienhaus --- 4.84 lbs

10. Tony Dean and Chris Kontos --- 4.28 lbs

A special thank you to all of the corporate sponsors, Pro Anglers, NHL Alumni members, all the volunteers, Tarah from FisherGirl, Beth Colle, Andy & Vita Pallotta and the CSFL team, Lisa and The Delawana Inn, My crew and volunteers, Kris King, Les Stroud, and Matt from Midland Secondary School. Let’s also not forget the many members of the public that showed up and supported the event. If I have forgotten anyone I sincerely apologize and please let me know.

Congratulations also go out to all the kids that entered and fished the Kids Fishing Derby, thanks to Rapala, Okuma and Pure Fishing their were many boys and girls that left with smiles on their faces due in part to the great prizes these companies donated.

It was a pleasure working with you and we hope to see you all again next year. I for one made some great new friends and left the Delawan Inn with memories I will not soon forget.

If you have it in you to give and would like to help SickKids Foundation carry on their incredble work, please go to their website and give what you can: http://www.sickkidsfoundation.com/

Below is a collage of pictures from the day’s events, look closely; you may just spot some very familiar faces.

Cheers and all the best to everyone, Shaun

Below: My good friends and on camera Co-Hosts for the event, Les Stroud and Kris King. Both these guys donated their time to help and for that I am truly grateful.

Les_-_Shaun_-_Kris.jpg

LOB_1.jpg

LOB_2.jpg

LOB_3.jpg

LOB_4.jpg

LOB_5.jpg

LOB_6.jpg

LOB_7.jpg

LOB_8.jpg

LOB_9.jpg

LOB_10.jpg

LOB_11.jpg