Senko Presentation

mason05

Senkos are best worked very slowly especially if you rig them wacky style. Hooked right in the middle. I always fish them too fast. Last time I was out for smallies and fishing senkos I wasbn't getting any hits. Then my buddy had problems with his eletric motor so I put my rod down and strated giving him a hand to try to fix it. Well by the time we finished looking at the electric I had been interrupted by 3 smallies. So cast it out and let sink and wait and then wait again .

Yep, slow is the key with senkos. Let it fall, let it sit, lift it a little, let it fall, let it sit.....One presentation that gets overlooked with senkos/stick baits is jig-worming. On a light jighead, they have a faster spiral fall somewhere between a tube and a worm: great presentation when the fish are a bit deeper, or holding in weeds.

Guest skeeter99

do nothing, absolutley nothing LOL

deadstick.......deadstick.......deadstick.....light a smoke....take bite of sandwich......move a inch or two......deadstick......deadstick.....etc

absolutley deadly, kinda like thinking feed the fish rather than making him strike

like throwing out a minnow on a float waiting except u are throwing a senko moving ever so slow to get a strike

****almost forgot always insert a glass rattle in the senko (smaller ones are better) it will out fish a non rattle senko about 3 to 1***

Edited by skeeter99

Yep...no matter if you texas-rig or wacky-worm 'em...the best way is to cast out...set your rod down...and try to do sumpin' like eat a g'weech...or have a drink...etc.

They are a do-nothing lure from my experiences... :Gonefishing:

Hmmm...a senko/wizzle worm under a float...I wonder...might be worth a try...I know it works with tubes...

Edited by Beans

Guest skeeter99

hey slowpoke

you dont use senko's for pike and muskie fishing? they work great for pike and have caught lots of muskie on them!!!!

6 inch sweet potato pie colour will get them everytime even the odd walleye LOL!!

I prefer tiki and bamboo sticks from wave worms they fall slower than senko

Edited by skeeter99

hey slowpoke

you dont use senko's for pike and muskie fishing? they work great for pike and have caught lots of muskie on them!!!!

6 inch sweet potato pie colour will get them everytime even the odd walleye LOL!!

I prefer tiki and bamboo sticks from wave worms they fall slower than senko

I can count on one hand how many times I've been out casting this year so it's not that I don't use them, I just don't get out enough to use them!

-Brian