Black light is the best flash!

bassfighter

The black/blue light is actually so tiny only as thick as your normal pen and 3 inch in length, small enough to be added to our key chain. It is not bright like your normal Blue or white LEd light to shine on object, you can hardly use these black light to see where you are going, they are indeed UV rays, that worked with glow products.

The button batteries are also so small, I pressume it is very efficient in power consumption.

Eaby sells them as well, but the larger models,

Edited by bassfighter

• 4 weeks later...
I have not been able to pick up a black light none to be found out my way.

I did pick up this little gadget at BPS today.

Only $5.99 looks like it should do a fine job of lighting up the Glowy stuff.

MTP

I did manage to put together 4 of the UV flashlights. They work really well and don't blind you when charging your lures. They can blind you if you look directly at the beam considering it's straight UV light... the same light that sunglasses are designed to protect your eyes from.

I didn't have to go over to Buffalo/Harbor Freight to get the white led flashlights. By sheer luck, I found them at Giant Tiger for $3.95 including three AAA batteries. I cracked off the plastic lens, and pushed out the reflector and the small circuit board. I cranked up the soldering iron and removed the factory LEDs and then soldered in the UV LEDs that I bought online. After some fiddling and gluing, I got the flashlights back together and they work like a charm.

The light is pretty concentrated and it's easy to charge up spoons. The charge is MUCH brighter than a camera flash charge and lasts a bit longer. I think there is a finite amount of time that the charge lasts depending upon the glow paint on the lures, regardless of the charging method. The Cleos last second longest in my collection of glow lures.

The longest is a larger (all be it much lighter) spoon that I bought at Tight Lines in Pickering. It's painted both sides and is surprisingly bright/long lasting. I need to add some weight to the spoon to give it casting distance (I think it's designed as a trolling spoon). I'll try the bent-quarter-glued-to-the-spoon trick. I'll also get the make and model next time I'm in Tight Lines.

I kept one flashlight for myself and gifted the other three to my fishing buddies. If you see an ominous blue glue coming from an LED flashlight on your next trip down to one of the tribs, it might just be a "UV LED Flashlight... of Death!!"

Edited by mooseroo

Try to buy the glow powder on ebay, they work better than most existing glow lures out there. I made some and they glow brighter after initial charge from a UV black light and the charge last longer too. You need to learn to work with the power for it is so fine and can waste easily

You can also apply the product on some crank bait or rattler. I ws lucky to but two ounce for 0.88 cents, the shipping cost is how the seller makes money, it only cost $1.50 stamp to ship it to me, but the seller charge me $7.