Black light is the best flash!

bassfighter

I finally got my first black light from a dollar store, it works better than a camera flash, the results of the light intensity of a glow is more intense after shinning on it. Few dollar store carries them and it comes with 4 batteries as well. I got mine at a downtown dollar store by luck.

The color looks blue, but it is not a blue LEd light and hardly visible when shine upon regular object, but when one shines it on glow product, it glows very intensely. I tried shinning the normal LEd light and the black light on money, and it had different effect, normal light brightens the shined object, Black light shows all the mini hair and hidden inscription on the currency.

I have been using camera flash or LEd light for years and it works as well, but the black light has more UV rays, therefore works the best and one can shine on it for more seconds as well, but it does not make the object any more brighter.

Dollarama does not seem to carry them, some independent mom and pop store might carry it, the best is to call around before one shows up, I have been searching them since last year and they are hard to find. they are mainly use for checking authenticity of currency.

Due to the high UV content, should one go and buy some sunscreen lotion and some sunglasses? Only if we are dead serious in landing a salmon.

sorry a bit confused.... what is the blacklight for?

if i am understanding correctly you shine it on a lure?

how does that do anything?

thaks

You shine it on glow-in-the-dark lures like the popular Little Cleo spoons. For fishing at night, the glowing lures are great for grabbing the attention of finicky fish.

You can use a flashlight or disposable camera flash, but apparently the black lights work better.

The hunt is on. If I find them I'll buy a couple for friends and then post the location here.

Try this store, the buck store just North of Lawrence on Jane, the one next to the Fish On Line fishing/bait/tackle shop/ Call other Dollarama store , some might have them. The laser like pen has nothing to do with Halloween, therefore I doubt if they will carry the proper one.

hum at first I kept thinking blacklight as those big lightbulbs u can get in HomeDepot etc. But now just realised.... is the dollarshop one basicaly a UV-LED tiny flashlights? Is that what we'r looking for, if so, how many LED bulbs are on each? coz i know where to buy them online... didn't realize that's the thing. Not $1 tho but cheap enough.

That's the right one. They're UV LEDs, tiny, and intended for checking banknotes. Don't ask for "blacklight" in dollar store, they won't know what you're talking about. Ask about the tiny LED (blue light) flash light that you can check money with. Got mine a few days ago at the buck store near Jane and Lawrence. They had quite a few in stock, over 20 or so. It works very well indeed, but I'm not sure they work better than an ultrabright LED.

Im in Buffalo and just called harbor freight, they also have the white LED keychain lights for $1.99. Doesnt sound like what were talkin about here though. Im confused lol She didnt say anything about a Blacklight. Just white LED. Think im just gonna head in there and check them out and bring a glow cleo in the store and tell them to shut the lights off lOL

Edited by Blaque

Im in Buffalo and just called harbor freight, they also have the white LED keychain lights for $1.99. Doesnt sound like what were talkin about here though. Im confused lol She didnt say anything about a Blacklight. Just white LED. Think im just gonna head in there and check them out and bring a glow cleo in the store and tell them to shut the lights off lOL

They don't sell the blacklight/UV flashlight at Harbor Freight. They sell the white light LED flashlights. The link above is to instructions on removing the white LEDs and replacing them with UV LEDs. You have to do a bit of soldering to swap them out.

Edited by mooseroo

I just bought couple at Jane&Lawrence dollar store,money detect

If you can lock yourself in a closet with it and a Cleo, let us know how the Money Detect lights work. The original post was referring to the tube style blacklight I believe.

uv4w.JPG

Edited by mooseroo