My Pet Bass

Muskieman

These fish were pretty much minnows when i threw em' in my tank.. Bertha is 3.25 lbs

and Bob is 2.5 lbs... they have since been released to a farmers pond with other LM's.

Did you know that LM's cannot digest shiners, and regurgutate most of the fur when they eat a mouse or mole...they were in my tank for about 3 years.... it took alot of cleaning.

60 gallon tank, with a gravel bottom and a few big rocks for cover.

They'd eat 3 dozen red dace a week and on the weekend they'd each get a mouse.

:blink:

Glad you got them out of there and into a pond. I have a 10" midas cichlid alone in a 75gal and I do 50% water changes per week to keep the nitrates under 20ppm.

Were you dumping half the water per day? Thats alot of bio-load for that size tank...

Burt :)

50% of the water per day !!?// I changed the water{straight from the tap} about 6 times in three years.. I had a cheap little filter and changed the filters in it 2x a month washed the windows 2x a week and that's it!!

tough as nails ..

OMG... you just put all the hard core aquarium keepers into the fetal position lol...... :wacko:

Burt :)

And next time I'm out bassin', I'm hitting rizzo's dock.

hahaha golfisher, I'll be keeping my eyes open for you. If you want double headers of 5 pounders (one smallie, one bucketmouth) they are there for the taking. Couple of 2-3 pounders come around regularly too. I have too much fun watching them on the camera to even try and catch them (who am I kidding...I catch them a couple times a summer)