I'm looking for a park to camp in local to Hamilton

banger

Hello everyone, I'am looking for a good local park to take the Wife & kid for an over night trip.I have a small pop up trailer.And Live in Stoney Creek/ Hamilton M.T.

I was thinking of Valens, but I'd like to do some fishing as well.And I've never really had much luck @ Valens.

I'm open to suggestions, from you all.Where would you go? Maybe a small trailer park on the Grand River would be nice.I've been meaning to hit the Grand for some Smallies.I'm willing to travel, up to one hour.But I'd rather not travel much more.( I drive truck for a living, and hate driving now.lol)

I'm gonna leave Sat, bright and early...( around noon.LOL)

Thanks.

Shawn.

50 Point has camping there, you got the pond, fishing kinda sucks, but the lake is a better choice this time of year, tons of rock bass and probability of trout/salmon, nice facilities as well. I haven't been to Chippewa Creek Campground this late in the year, so I don't know how the fishing is, but they have a pond with some nice sized LM and aton o sunfish, plus you got the creek to fish as well, its just outside of Smithville. Good luck in your choice.

Byng Island Dunnville. It is above the dam but there are many fishing opportunities above and below. Go to Dunnv., cross the bridge and take the first right to the park entrance.

There are many seasonal camps along the river between Cayuga and Dunnv.

Maybe you could even camp right at the Grand Is. BBQ, I have seen tents pitched there overnight and it is right at the bridge across the river from Dunnv. Good fries, homemade burgers and foot long dogs at the BBQ and the sitdown restaurant has breakfast. You could pull your camper right up to the edge and fish from your lawnchair. Shopping and the beerstore is close by.

Well... We went to Brant park.It's a very! huge park ( around 480 acres)

I will return, and we are thinking of getting a seasons pass, this would incl. all GRand river partk ( 11 in total)

I never even got my line wet, but I spent some much needed time with my Family.And i let my 11 year old girl drive my new TJ ( six speed)

She did great, this was her 1st time behind the wheel. Without being on my lap ( she's getting to big for that) I've had her in my work truck many times on my lap ( I'm a AZ truck driver) she has even backed up my trailer in the yard ( while on my lap)

It's a memory she'll NEVER! forget.It reminds me of that song, by Allan Jackson " when Daddy let me drive"

Thanks for the tip fatherof3.

Shawn.