Pics of Muskie but Need Help PLEASE!

nelly

I've musky fished for 35+ years and have yet to lose a fish ... lucky -- maybe... but I have to beleive that some of that has to do with knowing how to handle them. Do you have the right release tools and a proper net?

Sorry the fish was lost ... hope she was tasty ... better luck next time.

"I've musky fished for 35+ years and have yet to lose a fish"

I find that hard to believe...nobody can claim that with 100% certainty.

It's a fact that a small percentage of all species of fish suffer post-release mortality, even though they appear to swim away strong.

Kudos to you musky_man, for understanding that certain fish require specialized tools and methods for ensuring greater live-release success.

I don't think there is any point in 'preaching to the choir' in this case as it was an incidental catch, and the fish was captured and consumed according to the provincial fishing regulations.

Tony

I heard of an old trick where you take the head and leave it on the ground in a spot where ants are and they'll take everything off and leave nothing but the bone scull.

You should try that, it would look pretty neat.

Joey

I've musky fished for 35+ years and have yet to lose a fish ... lucky -- maybe... but I have to beleive that some of that has to do with knowing how to handle them. Do you have the right release tools and a proper net?

Sorry the fish was lost ... hope she was tasty ... better luck next time.

it was an incidental catch

i too had a legal muskie expire on me after it inhaled a small crankbait on me - it never had a chance - i now take a couple of extra measures when I am not targetting muskie too try & prevent it from happening it again