Erie September 8th

Vanselena

Was out yesterday with a father and son. Boated 15 Rainbow and 3 Gaters. Tuesday was out with my 3 year old son and limited on the bows.

I love taking out people that have little success fishing. This father and son are good friends and own a cottage at Long Point and dock a 33' boat. They spend $200 in gas to get to the point and rarely catch more then one fish. Our trip totalled $32 in gas. The Father was so excited about the fishing he was calling family and friends from the boat to tell them about our success. Of course I let them reel in all the fish

ErieMario1.jpg

ErieMario.jpg

Out our way we call walleye; gaters/ greens. Gaters because when you are cleaning them they always cut you with their sharp body parts.

For certain this summer will be huge in the memory banks as we limited out most times going out, I've never had so many double, triples and quads on. Special thanks to our American brothers for their great stocking program! My wifes family thanks them too since they are Portuguese and are huge fish eaters!

My 3 year old son was playing in the bath tub last night. He has a play net and a bunch of those little bath fish. Yesterday we asked him what he was doing as they were all lined up on the outside edge of the bath tub, he said " first I am netting the fish and then I am putting them in the cooler" Makes the heart go all mushy :)