Nith River

fatherof3

Went down to the Nith in search of my pike yet again.There was no sign of them but saw one trout so starting casting spinners with no luck.My fiances daughter was with me so I sent her to the store to get worms.While waiting I saw 2 big shapes move through the water.I figured it was my pike but the guy looking down from the bridge told me there were about 7 big carp swimming around.I figured why not so when the worms came I put on one with a weight and threw it out.Within 5 minutes the line starts moving so I real slowly and sure enough there is some weight there.Carp on! It was not really fighting until it swam towards my pkie spot.the line starts peeling out and I watched the carp swim by with a pike right behind it!Couldn't believe it.The pike chased it around until I got the carp on shore.Here are a couple pics.

100_0331.jpg

100_0332.jpg

Hate how I look in the 2nd one.After letting the carp go I figured I would try again.The line starts moving again but this time it is a small bass.Again the pike comes out and follows it around.Of course when I decide to try for the pike again it has no interest.Have to get some live bait.Anyway,still don't have my pike(really getting on my nerves) but did catch a fun fish.

Great report! You got into some fish, so at least that was exciting. As for those pike, they'll continue to taunt you...dont give up. I find that by telling them (yes, shout it out), that you'll promise to release them, the nice ones will take your lure. Give that a try next time, and if you get a few strange looks from people, just start screaming and hitting yourself...they'll likely just leave you alone. :)