more Grand fishing

fatherof3

Well,after yesterday I was surprised when my youngest asked to go out again. Off we went to try a spot I have wanted to try for a long time.We again had a long walk to get to the river.This pic is only a portion of the walk.

100_0160.jpg

When we got to the river we had to wade for a bit until it got deep. Then to reach the spot we had to trek through the bush and overgrown vegetation. Needless to say my legs are very red and cut-up(shorts were not the best idea).Anyway, we get to the spot and had to of caught 30 fish. It was every cast. The bass were by no means big but they kept the boy happy.Here is an example of the average size.

100_0159.jpg

After a while all I did was cast and let him reel them in. At least he had a blast.This spot is worth the trip back and makes me wish I fly fish. I saw a bunch of trout jumping and rising as this spot is known for that.No trout for me though.When we were done it was time for the long walk back.Here is a shot of my little trooper on the way back.

100_0161.jpg

I caught some decent ones in the Cambridge section but the water is really low and warm now. Not sure where the big one go when its like this, deep pockets I guess but they are few and far between. Its a great spot for the kids though, constant action and they don't care how big they are. Cheers!

Looks like a great day for you and your son! Great to see he's enjoying the fishin!

If I might make a suggestion.. next time maybe try crayfish imitations of any kind. (or the real deal if you dont mind taking a few minutes to catch em). You'll get snagged up a bit, but you may find the quality of bass increases. The Grand is a prime example for me in the past that bigger baits catch bigger fish. The downside is less bites.

Looks like a great day for you and your son! Great to see he's enjoying the fishin!

If I might make a suggestion.. next time maybe try crayfish imitations of any kind. (or the real deal if you dont mind taking a few minutes to catch em). You'll get snagged up a bit, but you may find the quality of bass increases. The Grand is a prime example for me in the past that bigger baits catch bigger fish. The downside is less bites.

Great idea, give your son a small butterfly net and you can lift the stones! will be even better then fishing... How ever I do remamber my father useing the frogs I chought long time ago when I was a kid and useing it for a bait... T_T :Gonefishing: