Help Me Pick Out An Outboard

glen

Well Glen you have made the right choice I myself have a Honda BF50 with power trim .I had a quick look on the Honda website it says it can be put in any position but this could be optional.I am not sure if this feature is available in tiller model.Check out the specs on www.hondamarine.ca. Mike :thumbsup_anim:

I would thank fisherman Glen .Just press the link in his post and you will see the demonstration in the video.The control seems to be located on the tiller handle.My BF50 has one up and down control just below the motor cover.I also have a switch loacated in front of my seat for trimming when running at high speed.It all depends on what year the motor is.My is 2001.Find out from whoever has it for sale what it has.good luck.Mike ;)

The tilt feature is for trimming the motor 22 degrees positive and -3 degrees negative angle while you are under load and running on plane. The rest of it is used to raise the motor out of the water or high enough to clear the bottom off of plane. The above numbers are from my Mercury 40 Hp jet drive so check the manual for yours to see if they are the same.

Art