Musky Miss adventure..

jedimaster

Hey folks, I hit the bog last night for some Muskie action and what a crazy time.

When I launched the boat there was a giant musky dead with a big prop slash in its back. Had to be at least 45 inches.

We headed out at about 6:30. I made a dozen or so casts with my buzz bait and about 50 feet out from the boat A big musky hit my lure. It never took up slack and threw the buzz bait immediatly.

I kept reeling going fast and slow and about 5 feet from the bow of the boat it hit again. This time comming straight up clear out of the water with the buzz bait in its mouth. It was close enough that I probably could have grabbed its tail. I could see that the buzz bait was hangin in its mouth upside down and it was so close that there was a bucnh of slack in my line. When it hit the water the buzz bait was thrown again. The guy in the back of my boat nearly falling in the water was now on the casting deck with me screaming. :)

I circled my buzz bait in the water and it hit again. This time it had the leader in its mouth and I tried to set the hook but it missed again.

Very exciting but nothing landed.

I should say that this was a fat musky. It was easily in the 40"+ range, and very very fat.

Anyway, Is this normal? What did I do wrong? Should I put a trailer hook on the buzz bait?

Edited by jedimaster