No NASCAR today (NF)

Handlebarz

Well it looks like the race is gonna be a wash out today with the rain coming down like it is there is no way they will get it in until tomorrow afternoon they are calling for up wards of 50mm of rain right across the board from Ohio to Michigan right over to here Looks like a good day to stay inside I am glad I got all my work outside done early today.

There's supposed to be an 80% chance of rain tomorrow too. And a slightly less chance of that on Tuesday as well. I just read that NASCAR just might have to postpone the race until the end of the year, making it the last race in the chase. NASCAR in Michigan in November? I hope that Good Year makes good snow tires for the cars. And poor Deano. He's there right now. That would suck if he comes home without seeing the race. :wacko:

We've had some extreme weather in Kansas in early October MrEh. Anywhere from mid 40's to record highs of mid 90's last year. No tornadoes though. So that's good. I'll bet that Deano will be going back if the race is scheduled until then.

Ya, I was pretty bummed when I turned on the race and saw the rain.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Bowshep is down there for the race too.

That's sure tough to take going all the way down for a postponed race :(

Joey

Well that really sucks, my sister and brother in law have to be back in Toronto Monday for there flight back to Vancouver. I'm now sitting in Strathroy (just outside of London). We rented a motel for the night. We were gonna try to make the race tomorrow, but it looks like it'll be rained out. My brother in law just can't wait incase it gets nicer. I was gonna bring them all the way to Toronto and head back myself, but it looks like it will be rained out again. My last option is to go back home after I dropped them in TO and pick up my son, then shoot back for tuesdays race. Will decide after I get home tomorrow and see the latest weather report. I'll still have my brother in law and sister's tickets along with pit passes. I'm hoping it keeps raining and they postpone it to be the last race of the year,as long as they honor our tickets. That would give me enough time to work things out.

We did get to walk on the track and in the pits today, and to hear the jet dryers go by, andsome good souvenirs. Dale Jr stuff is 50% off, the T's and hats are like 10 bucks.

It feels like a great planned fishing trip that you end up getting skunked, it was great to just be there, but your missing the whole reason of being there.

Edited by Deano

BROOKLYN, Mich. -- Persistent rain has forced NASCAR officials to push back the start of Monday's rain-delayed 3M Performance 400 at Michigan International Speedway. (Weather from CNN.com)

The noon ET scheduled start has been pushed back, according to a release issued by the speedway Monday morning. NASCAR and track officials will meet at 11:30 a.m. ET to discuss options and provide another update, though they are hopeful that a window of opportunity opens to get the race under way.

Michigan became the fourth rain-delayed event of the Nextel Cup season, joining Dover, Richmond and Darlington. The first event this season at Pocono was shortened by rain.

NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston said the series would work to get the race in this week -- perhaps going even as late as Wednesday if necessary -- to avoid returning to Michigan later in the year. If more rain were to force the event to be pushed back until later in the season, it would alter the entire dynamic of the Chase.

The Chase participants, Poston said, are decided by rule after the season's 26th event. If weather precludes the Michigan race from being run this week, it would be rescheduled for the weekend after Thanksgiving. That would mean the Chase drivers would be decided not Sept. 8 at Richmond, but Sept. 16 at New Hampshire. And the championship would be decided not at Homestead on Nov. 18, but the next weekend back in Michigan.

The last Cup race to be postponed on consecutive days was the 1997 Winston 500 at Talladega Superspeedway. Originally scheduled for Sunday, April 27, rain forced postponement until Monday. Then more showers forced NASCAR officials to reschedule the race for the following week, in order to allow teams to free up their haulers for a cross-country trip to Sonoma. The race was finally run on Saturday, May 10 -- Mother's Day weekend.