A relaxing day on the water

motv8tr

Well, I have a cousin staying with me for a while that I haven't seen for a few years. He arrived Wed. night and Thurs morning we went out and got him a fishing lisence. I called Beans and asked if he was able to take Tim fishing and I would visit my mom. Beans had already made plans for the day but told me to come and use his boat....so we did :D

This was the first time Tim had fished in a few years so I was really looking forward to it, but, I hadn't operated a boat for even longer, other than a short stint at Lakair...we were in for an adventure ;) Arrived at my moms to pick up the key for the boat lock and were off by noon. Got to our first spot, and right of the bat I had a small Rock Bass, not long after Tim had an even bigger one. We were looking to have some fun, not so much for size, although we wouldn't have complained :) . After those two, nada. Off we went to a spot Beans and I have done well at before, and not even a line bump. We decied to head back towards home and try a spot or two on the way. Now remember anytime I've fished Pigeon Lake, Beans was always the driver.

I get to a spot I think I know, Tim drops in his line and Bam and small bass hits right away...cool....not...nothing else happened no matter what we put out there...oh well time for food and a bit of a visit with my mom and Beans. Start heading in, or so I though and realized I'm not where I thought I was :dunno::oops: . Look around and finally realize where I am...no where near where I thought I was :wallbash: I figured out how to get back, start heading in and then I hear...sputter sputter, cough cough...Dang, we're out of gas..hmmm Tim might have to do a bit of rowing :unsure: ...thankfully there was a bit of gas in the jerry can, filled up and we were off like a herd of turtles with the 4hp .

Made our way safely back and enjoyed a nice lunch and visit with the folks and headed for home. All in all a good day.

Thanks Beans!!!

You're welcome Rene...Glad I could help...

You did better than me...not a touch yesterday...Brit Steve landed three carp, the other Steve lost three and Rodpody didn't fish but joined us anyways... :)