Kids Even Happier To Fish

smokinall4s

After being out fishing with the kids at our favourite fishing pond we stopped off at Walmart on the way home. We picked up a few things for the tackle box and I deceided to finally buy a rod for my wife and my 3yr old daughter. She would only once in a while fish with us, hard to get a 3yr old to sit still and watch the bobber. But she has been using my son's 5ft rod a lot lately and doing quite nicely with it. So I let her pick out a rod, a Disney's Princess, which she is, a princess. She carried that rod through our entire shopping and to the car.

I picked up a rod and reel combo that was on clearence for my wife. She doesn't fish much, a few times a month with us. She wont take the kids out fishing on her own. She doesn't like hooking anything, especially a live worm.

Then once she got home from work and after dinner we went to Gannon Sports and I bought her a fishing license. We then went to Lynn Shores to test out the new rods. It was hard for my wife and daughter to cast out due to the high winds we were having tonight. We called it quits just shy of an hour.

We are going to Lake Scugog on Sunday so we hope to have better luck there. Any suggestions on where we could fish from, defiently not the causeway.

Once we got to the car our son asked if mom got a license and we said yes. He had a grin from ear to ear. He then asked when she was going to take him and his sister out fishing, while I worked. She said, "Only when your father is with us, I don't do worms". Hopefully, she'll get comfortable enough to be able to hook a worm and take them out on her own. But no rush, more family time together.

I'll post pics when she catches her first fish, bye all.

Guest Trophymuskie

It's a great thing to get your kids into fishing. I decided to spend my fishing holiday with my kids this year instead of going with the boys. I've got my 10 yr old son for 4 days and my 12 yr old daughter for 3, my wife is coming mid week for a day and swap kids. She does have to get ready for work as school starts soon. It's going to be all fishing so we'll see how much they really like it. LOL

Ahh... slow and steady my man... two things put the kids on fish any fish and have patience... when my two are in the boat.. i leave the rod on the dock....