Hiring...Inside Sales Position (NF)

pigeonfisher

You never know who is out there, I thought I would put this up on here as well. I have never used workopolis but have decided to give it a try as it is less expensive than the newspapers. If you know of anyone...certainly have them PM me.

Inside Sales Representative

We have an exciting position to fill at Gerard Daniel Worldwide.

We are looking for an energetic, self-starter with the ability to handle the daily challenges of a busy order desk. The right candidate will be integral in the ongoing growth and development of our business. Being an “Order Maker” by dealing daily with outside sales to build new relationships, making outbound customer calls and new customer prospecting are some of the exciting roles of this Inside Sales Position.

ORDER TAKERS NEED NOT APPLY.

Meeting challenges head on, communicating well with internal and external customers at all levels, both verbally and with the written word & the capacity to grasp product and process knowledge quickly – are all key requisites to the success of a potential applicant. Knowledge of, or experience in the specialty steel industry will be considered an asset.

Gerard Daniel Worldwide is a growing, service-based supplier of specialty steel & wire products located in Mississauga. Our continued growth is dependant on pro-actively pursuing new markets and new products wile continuing to offer great customer service, and quick turn around times on all orders. Our customers demand the best from us, and in turn, we demand the best of our people.

That's how I started out in sales. It's a great way to get your feet wet and learn about a product thus becomming a stepping stone to outside sales or sales management. Hope someone takes advantige of the job opening.

I have never used workopolis but have decided to give it a try as it is less expensive than the newspapers.

The newspapers are the last place I would look for a job, good move.

Maybe it's just me but, I always felt that the jobs in the papers were the leftovers that every person has already passed up, or from companies that are less than ideal to work for...

You should have no trouble filling this position as it is a good starting point for people in sales by the sounds of the job ad.

Tony

Facts to know about job searching/advertising for employment opportunities;

70% of available jobs are filled by employee referrals

20% by online job boards and newspaper advertisement

10% by employment agencies

Sorry for stealing the thread, thought some of you should know. Sounds like a great opportunity to learn some skills, get some much needed hands on work experience and a career path toward an individuals short, medium and long term plans.

Good luck!

HH

I agree with HH. Our last recruit was from an industry contact and if I am not surprised by the results from this effort we will be hiring internally, bringing our driver from the back up into the office.

We have had good results in the past working with papers/internet campaigns that work simultaneously. Let's see what happens here.