Is this right?

wkrp

My son and I were fishing one of our secret spots on the French River during our annual vacation. We were boating some nice walleyes this one particular morning and we had noticed a couple in a boat eyeing us for quite some time and hanging around as if they were waiting for us to leave. We outlasted them that day,but the next morning there they were , right in our spot. Needless to say they didnt eye us that day, because we left.

i think you will find that most of everyones secrete spots are not really a secrete. the only way would be if it is private property. were the other fishermen entitled to fish the same hole the next day? yes. As long as they didnt bother you while you were fishing it more power to them, how do you know that you were not in their secrete spot? there's plenty of fish and water for everyone.

jason

As oxcowboy said, maybe it was their secret spot and they were thinking you should be the ones to leave?

You can't stop people from fishing and they can't stop you.

Could be they were being courteous and keeping back so they wouldn't bother you.

The Oily Boid gets the Woim! That'll teach ya to sleep in slackard!

In my opinion it was perfectly ok for them to be fishin' there the next day! What were they supposed to do?... wait around for half a day to see if you were going to come back??? I don't think so. Like others have said, if you had invited them over to fish with you the day before... you could have fished there 2 days in a row.

BTW... a secret spot is only a secret until somebody sees you fishing it.

Edited by Greencoachdog